Phonak Support Lumity 90 RLs

I had bought my Phonak Lumity 90s rechargeable life hearing aids Dec 2022. Beginning of April, my right HA quit charging ing the charger. I put it in both slots nothing. My Audi sent the aid back. Got it back. Worked good. Mid June the other one - left hearing aid - stopped charging. Needless to say I was upset and thing bad things. I took both HAs & the charger back to Audi. I told him this set , HAs and charger are faulty. I have no faith that these will work. My Audi called and said he received my HAs. When asked what did they find was broke or needed repair, he said they sent brand new L90s & a new charger w/ battery pack. I am happy with Phonaks support snd taking care of the problem, w/ new aids. It’s frustrating that the reliability of HAs is questionable. I’ve worn HAs for 19 yrs and never had to send back to manufacturer. I had Phonak paradise snd never had any problems- so maybe a fluke , but Phonak stepped up and did the right thing giving me brand new set.

4 Likes

I could be mistaken, but isn’t there a known issue with the charger for the Life model? I have the Lumity L90-Rs and love them. They are the best hearing aids I’ve worn in my 20+ years of wearing aids. I’m not sure how long the batteries last because they are usually still going strong when I put them in the charger at night, but my guess is that they last about 16 hours, which is typically plenty for my needs. I’m going to Europe in September and will need to charge them on the plane, but that should be ok, although I am taking a pair of P90-Rs as backups just in case. I hope you don’t experience any more problems with yours.

1 Like

It is ridiculous to have a pair of hearing aid as back up, we have never experienced this kind of problem with the disposable hearing aid, you only have to change the battery in less than 1 min,

did you know that lithium batteries degrade over time, and you will have less than 16 hours of use until they die completely, and when the warranty expires, you will be charged by Phonak 250$ per aid to replace the battery !

I had the same problem with my Phonak Audeo Life hearing aid. After googling my problem, I rebooted the hearing aid by holding the down volume button for 20 seconds and voila it is now working. I hope you have the same experience as I did.

1 Like