Phonak provided programs - differences?

Searched both here and the internet but coulnd’t find my question, I probably missed it. Sorry for asking again…

Just started to play around with my new P90Rs. Is there a document that details what the factory programs are and what settings each of those change? Example - TV, Restaurant, Music, etc.

And what is the difference between programs-
Bluetooth streaming + mic 1
Bluetooth streaming + mic 2
Phone call + mic 1, Phone call + mic 2, etc.

Under my aids in MyPhonak, if I choose program, I see the 3 default ones - autosense, restaurant, tv, music plus my custom one i made, then i see about ten of these “+mic” ones, most are duplicates.

Thanks.

I think I read that the duplicated programs are an error that will be removed in a future update to the app.

The programs beyond autosense are programs available in autosense but made available when you want those specific settings forced into effect. Restaurant is speech in noise, if I remember correctly. There are other programs autosense might select that aren’t as appropriate. Maybe it doesn’t recognize the voice, and just applies noise controls. Selecting restaurant can help with hearing voices in a noisy environment (even if it isn’t a restaurant.)

WH

Greate question. Just got my P70Rs.
Is there a way to see what program is being used by autosense at anypoint in time?
The only way I know of is to look at the Advanced settings in the iPhone App and see what they are.
Is that correct?
Would like a method of A-B testing single changes in programs, to see if there is any effect while in the current sound envirionment. Otherwise how can I possibly know what the effect of an adjustment is.

Thanks to all.

That is the only way I know of to see current program - via the app.

The control of the aids with the app is better nowadays, than it used to be. However, it’s still rather limited. That’s why some people buy a NoahLink Wireless and use the PC software Phonak Target. It’s the same control over the aids as the audiologist has, so for some that might be scary.

Still, to get the whole picture you could look into the Target Step-By-Step Guide (It used to be called “Desktop Fitting Guide Target”). It’s only 10 pages with lots of pictures. :slight_smile:

From page 5 onward you can see the list of programs accessible through the automatic program appear on the left of the screenshots. Under the Automatic program, you’ll the Additional and Streaming Programs. In the Target screen where I program my aids, I also see Manual Programs under the others, where I have a program for the Piano (-8dB and compression ratio at 1.3 for all bands), for music/TV (I actually don’t use the app for that :), but it would be wise if I need the slot for another program) and for telecoil. I can access these extra programs by holding the top button or via the app.