Phonak Paradise vs Starkey evolv AI vs Oticon More

This is only a preliminary observation. The audiologist told me to have a follow-up appointment in a week, so my aids need fine-tuning. Two days ago I met a male with a specific voice and I could barely discern his speech and I was asking him to repeat himself.

I definitely hear less background sounds with evolv AI than with OPN. The screeching sound of the HDDs in my desktop PC are barely audible with evolv AI.

There are no link for software download.

I clearly see the blue Download Now button. It does not appear in your browser? Here’s the direct link https://inspireupdaterfiles.azureedge.net/5c01fe5b-732f-4433-8458-194ab67c14a6/Starkey%20Setup%2026.0.10056.0.exe

Bear in mind that Power Plus BTE 13 version is not available for simulation.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for shared link! And you are right, no Power Plus Bte version available for simulation… :man_shrugging:

The Rayovac size 13 battery lasted approximately for 127 hours.

I tried pairing my aids with Samsung S9 running Android 10. Only one aid can be paired at the time. Incoming phone calls and audio are routed only to the one side instead of both aids. Thrive app sees both aids and I can control both aids. I will visit a shopping mall and try out demo Samsung S22 with Android 12.

I visited a shopping mall and tried out Samsung S22 Ultra with Android 12. The aids paired quickly and streaming works for both ears simultaneously.

You can test your hearing with Xceed on this site: Online Tone Generator - generate pure tones of any frequency
With my Starkey evolv AI Power Plus BTE 13 2400 I can hear 9800 Hz tone.

1 Like

Thank you for posting that link to the tone generator.
That is the DIY’er REM .
Using my sony headphones and the volume set very low to start off … I was able to find the frequency ranges that needed tweaking.

There are also apps to measure the sound intensity with your phone. Then you have a real world measure to know how loud it is. As opposed to “extra medium loud.”

WH

iCelltech size 13 battery lasted for 95 hours. Therefore Rayovac size 13 holds 33% more juice.

Exactly how low volume are you talking about? Did you use the percentage slider on the site? Or did you adjust the volume from the PC volume control?

With volume set to 50% on the site and the PC volume set to the maximum, I can hear around 5300 Hz. With 25%, I can hear around 5000 Hz. With 10%, I can hear 3000 Hz.

What is your recommendation? That I should apply more gain to the higher frequencies until I am able to hear the tones at 10% or 25% volume?

I tested my friend’s hearing and he could hear 16000 Hz tone at 50% volume. At 1%, he could hear 14000 Hz tone. He could even hear the tones with the headphones removed and 1m away. :astonished: :pleading_face: