Phonak Paradise P90-R streaming problems

Recently got the phonak paradise R90 and have streaming problems I listen a lot of music on the internet youtube facebook etc. When playing a video, the sound is what you can expect from these earphones, however, the low and middle tones disappear after about 20 seconds and the volume drops. After about 20 seconds, the fuller sound returns. Anyone the same problems? Solutions? Phonak says it doesn’t recognize it.

1 Like

What is the device you’re streaming from?

If iPhone, this can be caused by the volume limiting option being set on (by default the phonak aids ‘look like’ a headset as they are not MFI).

If you go into Bluetooth on the phone and click the i against the master aid and then device type and set it to ‘hearing aid’ this stops iOS volume limiter operating for the aids. Phonak support isn’t aptly named.

5 Likes

Indeed iphone and ipad. Will have a look👍

Its back again ispite your tips. Is there anythings els i can do in my iphone se 2020 ?

Hi,
i also know that situation, as i also hear much music while im driving my car.
I think, the problem is the “music-recognition”, as it tooks about 20 secs to recognize its music. Before that 20 secs i think the HA thinking its normal speaking or somewhat and using the default streaming program, which is optimized to enhance speaking-sounds.

Greetings
Michael

1 Like

@michi.seewald : You are right! I never had this problem, but I just made a quick test: I massively reduced the lower frequencies in Target for the “media speech +mic” streaming program. Then streamed music and had exactly the effect the OP described in his post.
@hkeers : You might want to ask your audi in your next visit to have the two programs for “media speech +mic” and “media music + mic” identical. Make sure he understands what you want: More gain for low frequencies in “media speech”. Not the other way around.
Btw I have the two programs identical too, I see no reason to have it otherwise. Understanding speech is almost never a problem for me when streaming.

2 Likes

I use the HA also whole day, when im in online meetings, where it helps me to understand people. For the streaming media program i made exactly that gain in lower frequency, to have nice and whole sound of music.

Thx for your answer. What is the use of a separate program with more gain? The phonak goes directly in streming mode.

When it goes into streaming mode the HA analyzes the sound and switches either to “media speech” or “media sound”. Most people prefer to have the music straightforward and as natural as possible. Whereas for best speech apprehension a different setting with more gain for the higher frequencies may be helpful. Therefore the streaming signal is corrected in different ways in both programs.

1 Like

I really treid hard. But unfortunately come to the conclusion that the paradise p90 is not suitable for music streaming. I send it back

Huh. These give me the best sound I can recall in almost 20 years. I hope you find something that works for you.

Wh

2 Likes

@hkeers
I’m confused now. How did you try? These corrections need to be done by your audiologist with his software which is called Target. You cannot do it by yourself.
You mentioned to send them back.
So you ordered them online?

Hello @WhiteHat, I agree - as you know. I think that the solution mentioned here could be the solution for my problems.

@hkeers I am sure you are mistaken, the sound of these ha’s is very good. But you or your audio should adjust the program for streaming music. And, as is suggested here, address the streaming voice program as well, as music and voice streaming seem to interact.