Phonak Paradise bluetooth issues

I’m really loving my Phonak Paradise 90s but the bluetooth connection is quite annoying sometimes. I’m finding that if I connect to my Mac computer, then connect to my phone, I have trouble re-connecting to the computer without re-booting the hearing aids or disconnecting from my phone first. Should I not just be able to click “connect” on the computer and have them drop the phone and connect immediately?
Also, wasn’t there some talk of being to connect to 2 devices simultaneously?

1 Like

@e4andy: This is meant to be a helpful suggestion. If there was any talk, you’d probably be able to access all of it with a quick search using the magnifying glass Search icon in the page banner.

1 Like

Hmm, my Phonak paradise connects and swaps between my Android phone and iPad seamlessly , as well as the Tv connector… so it is possible.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t mean here. I was meaning more the Phonak sales pitch.

@e4andy: Sorry, I misunderstood.

That’s good to know. I’ll keep fiddling. Someone on the FB group said that his iPad works well but the computer doesn’t. A Mac problem.

Paradise can be connected to 8 devices, 2 simultaneously. Anytime I have a connection problemd I first go to myphonak app and uninstall and reinstall. You can try doing the same with Bluetooth connection also. I find that my Bluetooth connection gets real sketchy if for instance my phone is in my pocket. Probably none of this will help but it’s someplace to start. But in my house I don’t seem to have problems

1 Like

I wear the P-90s also… and yepper, they connect simultaneously… but I too have been frustrated when I’m using the TV link, and my phone will make a “notification” chime or whatever, and my HAs sometimes don’t switch back to the TV link… but, I use the buttons on the HAs to switch back if they don’t move automatically… and yes, I sometimes just turn off the bluetooth on my phone if I don’t want any interruptions.

1 Like

My P70 CROS will only connect to one device at a time due to the CROS aid using the other connection full time. If I walk away from my phone and come in range of my iPad, it will connect with my iPad and not go back to my phone until I break the connection with the iPad.

Please explain how you do that. I have not discovered the magic trick to make mine move.

Long press either the upper or lower button makes mine move… but this is programmable by the AUDI (or you if you’re a DIY guy) in Target.

1 Like

I’m a DYI guy, but with CROS aids, you don’t get the App, so no user programming. I’m completely dependent on the Audi for programming.

Not quite the same, DIY is programming your HAs just like your audiologist does, all you need is a copy of the Phonak target software and hardware (Noahlink wireless)

I suspected that’s what he was talking about. Not only do I not had access to such, I don’t see spending the money just so I could reprogram my hearing aids.

Actually you do, just ask and you’ll get a link for target software. The Noahlink wireless is easily available from eBay.

Really? The software is free, the Noahlink wireless is very cheap only around $180, think outside the square, imagine the convenience of making adjustments in your own time without even leaving home!

3 Likes

Found it by Googling around. I had no idea you could get the software necessary to program your aids. I figured Phonak would guard that with an iron fist.

I’ll give this a shot once I’m past my trial period and I’m done with my Audi. My wife and I weren’t too impressed with him anyway.

2 Likes

Hey @TexOkie I’ve just got the Noahlink and software and programmed my own. It worked a dream. The best thing is you can make small adjustments if you need to, as many times as you like!

5 Likes

My (Costco) audiologist was able to disable the automatic TV connector (connection) in the Phonak Brio 4. Since Brio and P90 are similar I think you can ask your audi to disable automatic connection (including notification sounds) to TV connector. The only downside is that you would need to click on hearing aids, MyPhonak app, or use Remote to re-connect to TV Connector/Link each time you lose connection if you walk away to far from the TV Connector/Link.

I have the Paradise P90s and the can connect to 8 devices. And two of them at the same time.

I have PP90’s I can connect to two devices simultaneously. If I walk away from my Mac (further than the range of Blue tooth) They disconnect and do not contact me automatically immediately. They often take up to 10 minutes. If I turn them on and off (inconvenient) they connect straight away. If I push the right (red ear) button they sometimes connect. It is more or less the only problem I have. Sometimes I have them connected to the iPad and iPhone so they will not connect to the Mac (3rd device) So I have to turn the BT on one device off or disconnect it. So, I can be on my Mac streaming and get a call on my phone and it will switch and revert without a problem. All very good but reconnecting to the Mac not so good if I have gone out of range.