Phonak P90 intermittent whooshing noise

I’m continuing my trial of Phonak P90s with the BT problem on calls largely resolved through changing from adaptive to fixed setting. I now have another issue. In a quiet environment I hear a slight whooshing sound - bit like water escaping. It’s intermittent but the first time I heard I thought I’d left a tap running even though I’m nowhere near taps in the house. A friend who also wears P90s said when I asked her, that she’d noticed the same thing. It’s only in quiet or totally silent periods. I’ve tried turning the HAs on and off but that doesn’t make any difference. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there a fix?

1 Like

Just a thought. If the TV connector automatically connects when you turn on TV, but sound is down or a movie is paused you get noises in your HAs. Just a thought. :woman_shrugging:

The tv connector works just fine it’s not that , it’s kind of an electronic hissing noise and it’s in the RH HA only. It’s very strange and annoying. At this rate I don’t think I will keep these aids after the trial but go back to my free NHS Oticons.

Could this be modulation? I’m just reading about this on the Oticon More/Opn thread.

1 Like

Yes! At first I thought it was a slight bump in volume from our fish tank, but then decided that wasn’t it. I haven’t been able to pinpoint the circumstances that cause it.

1 Like

Sound like static microphone noise. Do you use the MyPhonak app? If so, try upping the Noise Reduction a bit. If not, ask your Audi. The P90’s also support Soft Noise Reduction in Target, might be worth checking out.

Thanks I’ll try that.

It worked - have upped the noise reduction. thank you

2 Likes

I have a similar issue in my right ear. I find that if I take out the HA and replace it, the sound (seems to be feedback) goes away. I may have to do this several times.

It’s really really annoying- happening right now. I also find when watching tv (not using the tv connector) the sound gets loud and then drops back again. Its very frustrating - I want to love these HAs but atm too many drawbacks …

I am currently in trial of P90’s and have not noticed this. I did however notice something similar when trialing the P70’s much more dramatic changes in volume with those which translated a lot as extra hiss or whooshing type sound. Non existent in the P90’s though.

I decided the P90s were not for me but the effect you describe with the P70s is what I experienced.