Phonak Marvel - Target software?

I wonder if the new Phonak Marvel HAs will be added to the existing Target programming software or will have its own special software? Given the BT capabilities I also wonder if the marvelous Marvels will connect to the Target software via. Bluetooth or also have a wired connection.

Has anyone knowledge of this?

0 Likes

You need to update Target 5.4 to Target 6.0 using the Target update feature.

Don’t be tripping on Blue Tooth.
Target 6 Programming interfaces;
Noahlink Wireless/iCube II / iCube / NOAHlink / RS-232 HI-PRO / HI-PRO USB / HI-PRO2

0 Likes

I assume the ability to update performance level will require some special authorization?

0 Likes

Are you saying that is done with Target Fitting Software? Oh, I think I recall something about advanced performance level trials were only temporary for a limited time.

0 Likes

On page 2 of the document you linked, it mentions changing performance levels of “Trial hearing aids.” Maybe they have special “Trial aids” for audiologists to let patients try out different levels?

0 Likes

Yes, I see that you can set the trial levels in Target. Theoretically you could (if you are careful not to setup other interfering variables) test the difference between performance levels for (Phonak Audéo M 90, and Phonak Audéo M nn=whatever) for a limited amount of time.

Yes, it appears they do have special Trial Model hearing aids.

0 Likes

Yeah - that option has not yet appeared on my install of Target. I’m on 5.4.2 and Update says that is the latest available. Maybe next month…

0 Likes

Are you sure? Did you check for updates?

0 Likes

Just checked for updates in my Target 5.4.2… Same results as @platypus.

0 Likes

Maybe I’ll look at this tomorrow. But not tonight!

0 Likes

Same for me, no updates available.

0 Likes

Same for me, Sorry I don’t usually program Phonaks.

@Terost said that he downloaded Target 6 but he didn’t say where.

0 Likes

Or maybe he was just talking about downloading the
Phonak Target 6.0 Fitting Guides

0 Likes

No one has downloaded Target 6.0 yet. I think maybe Phonak likes playing hide the new stuff.

But why does it matter? No one is self programming Audéo M’s yet, right?

Target 5.4.2 should be sufficient for a while longer.

0 Likes

Yes 5.4.2 says up to date

0 Likes

It’ll properly be like Target 5 where you couldn’t update using the software updater.

0 Likes

If I’m remembering correctly, the aid isn’t available until end of November, so no real need for anybody to have it.

0 Likes

Target version 6 will be out sometime this month. Date is unknown. 5.4.2 is good enough for me.

0 Likes

Oh, just to tidy-up this thread Target 6 is available here;
How to find Fitting Software to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY].

0 Likes