Phonak Marvel piano sound shortly after turned on

Wait. Maybe next he’ll be able to remotely make them blow up

I have the Paradise Naida UP 70 hearing aids. I also had prior Naida (Venture and earlier ones) hearing aids. Similar to prior versions of this hearing aid, each aid sends out start up sounds when starting. However, there is another sound (several notes) that comes shortly after. I think it is a syncing sound that one hearing aid indicating that it recognizes the other one. That tells me that things like pressing the buttons on one aid will affect the other. Also that the two hearing aids communicate to each and pass sounds to each other. At least that is what I assume. It also happens whenever I shut off a hearing aid while using the other one. That can take 10-15 seconds before the sound appears.

Well I own the naida paradise UP 90 . And when I shut the battery door I wait about 6 seconds which my aids are set to and then I get the multiple beeping sound indicating the aids are on and that’s it. I’m wondering if there’s some kind of connection problem with your aids.

Possibly there is a problem with mine but I don’t actually think there is. My description sounds like what @sparklingdekx was commenting about at the start of this thread.
My experience is that whichever hearing aid is left on will play a piano-like string of sounds when the other hearing aid becomes disconnected from it. If I open my battery compartment it takes about six seconds for the other aid to play the tune. If I turn the aid back on I first get the start up sound but then it is followed a few seconds later by the piano tune. Either hearing aid causes the same matching results. It has been operating this way since I originally got the aids in late May. It might be some software release enhancement. I don’t know if it has anything to do with bluetooth (this is my first Naida with Bluetooth) or whether it is just a basic lower level Phonak inter-aid communication confirmation.
I believe that it tells me that the two aids are talking to each other versus the start up sounds that tell me each aid is on. I think both different sounds are useful for knowing the status of ones hearing aids i.e. being “on” versus actually communicating between the aids.

This has never happened with my Phonak’s. Doesn’t sound right to me.

@jdoconnor2002

My Aids are set to 6 second delay start up, so I get two tunes but they are different tunes.

I have found that while using my aids if for some reason I turn off one aid I will get a delayed piano sound.i assume to tell me that my aids are unpaired. Turn the aid back on and another delay and again a piano sound and again I assume to tell me the aids are once again paired or connected to each other. Could one of your aids be shutting off momentarily and turning back on without your noticing