Phonak Marvel PartnerMic

Mine came a couple of days ago. I hope to be able to see if it does what I hope next week.

1 Like

But it wouldn’t go directly to your ear :wink:

But it would be two way.

Ah, true true.

But on the other side, it’s always more important what wife has to say :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

1 Like

Following up with this. Does not work for intended use case of wife sitting at computer down the hall. Range is only about 30 feet in hallway situation. Basically signal needs to either exit through the doorway and then hang a 90 degree turn, or travel through multiple walls to get to me.
Brief review: Cute is the term that keeps coming to mind. It’s about 2 inches by 1 inch. When used at closer distance, works very well. Seems like it would be very useful for one on one conversations in a noisy restaurant. Also for conversations in a noisy car with somebody in the back seat. Keeping PartnerMic, but will try this as solution to intended use case; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NG5UF4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Hmm. Just discovered Panasonic cordless phones also have an option. Will ponder some more.

2 Likes

Baby monitor could work, but seems more hastle than it’s worth. Likely best solution to a “problem” that really isn’t much of a problem is to use our Panasonic cordless phone’s intercom function. If your phones have the function, all you have to do is to select “INT” on bottom left corner of the screen, select ALL and it rings all other cordless phones in the house. Pick up and have a conversation. Pretty simple actually. This of course presumes that you can hear ok on your landline.

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but PartnerMic is very similar to Roger Clip on Mic. Instead of Roger FM system, it uses AirStream technology used in the TV Connect. It really seems to be an excellent one on one device if used as directed (ideally within 8 inches of the speakers mouth)

Right. It is optimized for someone speaking very close to the PartnerMic so that it doesn’t pick up other noise in the room. The Roger Select has a wider pickup range, but is able to focus on people close to it. I really love this one because it automatically activates any of the six mics that are needed and still rejects other sounds in the room. It is especially handy when my large family drop by for a visit with their rambunctious Labrador Retrievers! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

tincans

2 Likes

Might I get a better SNR with fiberoptic string and carbon fiber cans? :grinning:

1 Like