Phonak Marvel Bluetooth

It’s an LG G6 running Android version 9

1 Like

I don’t have a smart tv or a streamer myself.

That’s why i an inquiring

1 Like

Although I bought a Phonak TV connector for my present HA’s, I can tell you that I used an aptX transmitter and aptX headphones over my 6 yr old HA’s and there was no latency. But that might not apply to the Marvels (or my similar KS9s) because the Marvels and KS9s do not have a built-in aptX receiver, since they rely on Phonak’s proprietary system built into their TV Connector. For $99 at Costco, I went with the Phonak TV Connector.

I recently purchased a chromebook and it’s working rather well for me. No issues connecting the marvels to it. The experience has been so positive that I’m considering the Pixel 4 as my next phone. Do you have any experience with that model?
Update: 08/14/20–Unfortunately there was something about the Chromebook that just didn’t agree with my home wifi. It would actually cause my modem/router to power off and restart repeatedly. I had Comcast out multiple times; updated my modem/router–made repairs to the junction box outside–replaced cables inside and out–but the problem continued. As an experiment I “forgot” the device from my network and put it away for a few weeks. During that time I didn’t have any problem with my wifi. This morning I got the Chromebook out and my modem/router immediately shutdown and restarted twice before I was able to “forget” it again and I returned it to Costco this morning.

I stayed with the Pixel 3 XL this year. Although I did consider the 4 XL. Price wasn’t a consideration. I was simply quite satisfied with the 3 XL. It’s also important that Kate likes her 3 XL. A happy wife is very important! I’ve heard good things about the 4 XL. But if I were thinking about doing the 4 XL, the 5 XL is only a couple of months away, so consider that. The only difference between the regular and XL model Pixel is the size. Everything else is identical, processor, speed, camera, everything. I have the XL model because I like a larger size.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s good to know. My LG G6 is beginning to show battery issues, so I figured now is the time to start looking.

Pixel 5 will have upsides of being 5G compatible and I think will support BT 5.2. At least it’s chipset has the potential of supporting it (Snapdragon 768G).

I haven’t been able to find out which version of Bluetooth this Chromebook has, but out of curiosity I left it on my front porch while I played some you tube videos. The signal was crystal clear even across the street!

1 Like

That’s pretty good range.
No dongle or TV connector, right?

Right. Just the gizmo and the Marvels. I’ve been very fortunate with that.

2 Likes

I’m catching up on Marvel/Bluetooth posts. Is this why when one of my batteries goes dead I cannot stream TV to my HAs? Music from iPhone works w/ just one HA. TIA. OBTW I have Signia 13BT (3yrs old)

Signia use MFi.
MFi streams simultaneously to both of your Signia HA’s.

Marvels use Bluetooth Classic.
Stereo is streamed to only one HA and then divided for each HA.

The principal is very different and Phonak is that way to enable streaming in stereo to an Android device and yet still work for an Apple device.

Thank you. No one has explained to me previously the difference between MFI and non MFI. I am a iPhone user. In your opinion and your music background, would I be giving up clarity in streaming music or clarity in speech if I had non MFI HAs? I know you may not have experienced MFI Hearing aids to compare as o know you have an Android.

The limiting quality factor in streaming music is the current state of Bluetooth technology. Some audiophiles claim to be able to tell the difference between direct wiring and Bluetooth wireless streaming. With the current state of my hearing, I cannot, so I am quite happy with Bluetooth streaming.

I’ve had the opportunity to test both my Phonak Marvels and Widex Evoke 440. Last year my audiologist configured both with REM and sent me home with both. I spent several weeks using both and going back and forth between them. How I hear my grand piano and my music was my prime consideration. I could not tell any significant difference between them. Price was not a consideration. I chose my current Marvels simply because I could stream my subscription to primephonic.com with my Android Pixel 3 XL.

1 Like

I’ve found the app that could be decent workaround for some BT + Marvel situations: Workaround for android and some BT annoyances (app that allows 2 click select to choose call or media, tested on Marvel M90)

I had Virto M90-312 ITE and was disappointed in them, they we remade 3X by manufacturer as there were various issues with Bluetooth dropping, distorted sounds, and even cut outs from TV connector 2, and so on. Few issues were resolved and some not. As long time Phonak user, I will be trialing Resound Quattro 9 soon.

You may like to try Jabra Link 950 + Jabra Link 360 + Jabra GN1000 RHL to pair Phonak Marvel ( or Paradise) hearing aids to an office-phone. There is one major limitation: it works only when you taking phone calls, not when you making phone calls.

I blog this (in my native language, Traditional/Taiwan Chinese) at 聽損者職務再設計策略:佩戴助聽器接聽電話 | Jedi's BLOG

Just a little FYI regarding battery life. I got my first pair of Phonak M90 Rs on New Year’s Eve DAY of 2018. This is April 20 of 2022, so not too far from 3 1/2 years. They still charge quickly–and still hold a good charge–even with a bit more streaming than usual–the can go 14 to 16 hours without difficulty.

1 Like

The batteries on my M90r died after 2 years. Phonak replaced them overnight mail but still —YMMV