Phonak M90 TV Connector and Bluetooth Problem with Laptop

Hello, I have Marvel M90 312 non-rechargeable hearing aid. I use the TVConnector while playing games on the laptop, not for the TV. However, when I connect the TVConnector to the laptop, the internet becomes very slow on Wi-Fi and I think TVConnector signals affect the Wi-Fi signals. It gets better when I close the TVConnector. I do not like to connect via bluetooth because when I connect it with bluetooth, I speak with my friends in games and the sound of the games is not heard. Only the voices of my friends are coming. Both kinds of problems occur, how can I solve this situation?

1 Like

It sounds like you have two Bluetooth devices connected to your Marvel aids. If that is true, you need to disconnect Bluetooth on one of those devices. Only one device connected to your aids at a time.

1 Like

No, only the laptop is connected to the hearing aid. But if I use applications like Discord, this problem occurs, only my friends’ voices are heard. If I communicate with voice in the game, it is not a problem, but then the voice communication is bad.

Have you considered using a Bluetooth dongle?
The TV connector is not designed for laptop use. Some people use it with good results and others don’t on laptops.

1 Like

Have you tried different placement of the TV connector? It may be interfering with the wifi antenna and placing it in a different location (other side of or behind the computer) may help.

2 Likes

Yes I tried and it was not a solution.

What frequency of wifi are you using? If 2.4 GHz, try 5 GHz. If 2.4 is your only option, try switching to a different band. Edit: “band” should have been channel. Here’s an article that might be useful. https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/

2 Likes

Yeah it has only 2.4GHz, Okay I’ll try and write the situation to you.