Phonak Lumity firmware update 1.0.8.0

Super, thank you for responding. I thought so, but wanted to confirm… yep, re software updates, as the saying goes, being leading edge is sometime bleeding edge :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Gary_NA6O I just got a disappointing response from my remote audiologist for my recent online purchase of Lumity 90’s.

He says I will have to mail the hearing aids to him for firmware update as it cannot be done remotely.

Is this for real? Anybody else purchase online and have remote adjustments that have been advised they need to send h.a. in for update???

Maybe I need to find out if my Medicare Advantage plan will pay anything towards maintenance / upkeep of my hearing aids that were not purchased thru Medicare Advantage. It seems unfair their current policy unless it has changed they provide no help at all paying for hearing aids that are premium level technology. Meaning that those with the worst hearing (other than being deaf) get no help while those with mild or medium loss can get help paying for hearing aids. Its also my understanding that original medicare provides no help with hearing aid purchase. But I’m getting sidetracked. I need to get back onto my goal of connecting Lumity’s to Roger Select IN.

2 Likes

It’s easy enough to do yourself with the Noahlink wireless and target software, it’s a Phonak thing, a few others allow updates through the App.

1 Like

My remote programmer audi days to get firmware update I must mail my Lumity aids to him. Sucks, one disadvantage to online purchase from remote only.

1 Like

I took mine to a local audiologist, and he updated the firmware for me. My first appointment with him was to tweak the settings, which he did. My second appointment was to update the firmware and tweak a couple of things. You may be able to find a local audiologist who will do that for you for a small fee.

1 Like

I just hit the one year mark with my Phonak Lumity L90-RT hearing aids and my audiologist asked me to come in and get the hearing aids checked and updated with the new 1.0.8.0 firmware. He basically said the new firmware contains two improvements. The first is bluetooth stability which is always a good thing. The second change has to do with the blinking charging lights on the hearing aids. He said something about the lights now being properly synchronized. Not sure if that means they now blink together at the same time while charging or if there was an issue with the colour change sequence of the blinking LED lights. I will check tonight when I drop them in the charger.

That being said…everything is sounding a little crisper and louder for me. Might just be that the audiologist also replaced the domes and filters when he was testing the frequency response of the receivers. I’m still very happy with these hearing aids.

Jordan

3 Likes

Same here, new domes and filters, sound better. Just checked the LED sync, they are not blinking at the same time in the charger (Lumity 70 R), so that’s not it.

I think I saw a post with the list of improvements/fixes this update brought, but can’t recall where.

@JordanK

Did he change the wax guards too?
Do you change them?

I find i have to change mine very regularly, and the HA’s (Paradise P90R’s) always sound louder and crisper when I do it. I have closed domes…
DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

There are software updates for chargers? Wow. Thanks. Who knew?

Just got new Lumity battery versions yesterday. Interestingly on 1.0.1.0

Is there a way to check for an update at home without audiologist equipment?

Guessing I may be on an older string as it’s the battery version (just released) vs rechargeable battery from last year. But would be nice to check.

Only the audiologist can do the update. Here is the version loaded in my hearing aids,

Jordan

1 Like

Just checked this thread and my L70s are at 1.0.9.0. I don’t know if there is a different version for UK/Australasia.
Euan

1 Like

I just checked in Target. 1.0.9.0 is the latest for Lumity.

1 Like

Hi min is showing 1.0.1.0 for Naida L90-sp is that correct version on it. Thanks

my Naida Lumity L90-UP have latest firmware version 1.0.3.0

Audeo Lumity devices have different firmware version

1 Like

Thanks I will ask my audiologist.

1 Like

I used to find out here that a firmware upgrade had been issued.

I would inform my dispensing audi, and he would phone Phonak Canada asking me to listen in and ask “what is the most recent firmware upgrade?”