Phonak introduces Naída Paradise

How does the P UP Naida aids compare to your V SP Naida aids in size?

Curious to see if newer UP aids are smaller than earlier UP aids.

Hello @markoo355, I have the Naida Paradise 90 BTE UP… I also have Target and Noah Link Wireless, been struggling with my hearing lately, dropping about 5 to 10db across the board since February, perhaps a legacy of my Covid vaccination? Anyway, a few days ago I decided to alter my aids from my AuD’s settings, I changed algorithms from; Adaptive Phonak Digital 2.0, to; DSL v5a Adult, and that made a massive difference with overall clarity, especially on my iPhone x, and on streaming video, everything was clearer and crisper. Good luck. cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

The left is the Naida V90 SP with the 13 battery
The right is the Naida Paradise U70 UP with the 675 battery.

1 Like

Thanks,
Just looking leads me to believe the new P UP Naida aids are a little smaller than their previous Up generations.

I took another picture of the aids.
Left is the Naida V90 SP
Right is the Naida Paradise P70 UP

2 Likes

Thanks, this is much closer to the UP aids of the past.

This is why I liked the Marvel Naida SP aids or Costco Brio 4 with the size 13 battery. The gain wasn’t far from UP aids but has the size 13 battery hearing aid size. Should work for many profound hearing losses.

True however l am pleased with the P70 UP battery life which is 15 to 17 days mostly streaming. My V90 SP 13 battery lasted a week. The sound processing is much better than the Marvels and with the myphonak app remote, l can adjust to hear more softer sounds in noisy environments. I like the automatic reconnect to the tv connector without having to wear the compilot ll device.
Nearly all of my previous hearing aids were all 675 battery aids except the V90 SP used aids l brought last summer.

1 Like

Are you sure about this statement? Maybe the Venture or Belong Naida aids?
I believe the P Naida aids are very nice. A step up from the Marvel’s I have read, but close.

Yes my honest opinion. With the Venture aids l have has no Bluetooth and can’t make ha adjustments with the myphonak app. I use the myphonak app every day even if it’s somewhat buggy. After doing other tasks on phone, sometimes l have to reconnect to the Paradise aids. I only have two Bluetooth enabled, my phone and the tv connector.

Have you tried the Marvel HAs or did you go directly from V90 to P70?

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried all the algorithms? How does the pediatric version of the algorithm differ from the adult version?
I see that there are a total of 8 different types of algorithms.algoritam

I have tried, NAL-NL 2 for a few hours, I didn’t like it! DSL v5a Adult is excellent for me, Adaptive Phonak Digital 2.0 was fine until my hearing dropped, I haven’t tried any others (as yet) If you google DSL v5a Pediatric or Adult, there are white papers out there in PDF format explaining the differences, I think the Adult version came out in 2005? Good luck, cheers Kev :wink:

PS, Perhaps, “Fitting Rationals” is more apt than algorithms?

1 Like

Are you able to go onto Target yourself and just select the different fitting formulas? That’ll tell you the difference. You don’t need to connect your HAs to see.

3 Likes

Just a courious technical question for any of the engineers out there. What is the purpose of having TWO build in recievers in the Paridise aids? Does anyone have any datasheet/links on the overall technology of the prism chip?

Can anyone advise if the Costco Brio 4 (same as Nadia Marvels?) or 5 (same as Nadia Paradise?) would be compatible with my freq loss? I would prefer RIC type (any suggestions for my loss?) but willing to go with BTE aids if they are worth the size difference. I have a Costco appointment on Dec 9 and really need to pull the trigger asap. Currently I’m sure I am missing a good 1/3 of what people are saying and just do my best to fill in the gaps, sometimes embarrassingly wrong. Thanks for any advise.

@mr.smithster

Your left ear is too good for the Brio 5 in the UP model. Don’t think there’s a SP model.

EDIT - This is the Brio 5 fitting range.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. What do you think of something like the KS10.0 with the highest power receivers? Do I still have the same issue ? Can they install 1 power receiver and one normal?

I suspect you’d do ok with KS10 with Power Receivers in both ears. You could also try the UltraPower receiver in the right ear, but I doubt you’d notice a difference.

Thanks for that info, very helpful. I prefer RIC type. I have an appointment at Costco on the 9th for new aids. My audi sold his practice and moved out of California (smart move) and the lady that purchased doesn’t seem as knowledgeable ad doesn’t even offer REM in this day and age. If Costco is a miss, my insurance uses HearUSA and might give them a shot, but their aids are still double what Costco charges.

Do you connect the compilot with your hearing aid yourself? If yes how? where do i need to start?