Phonak introduces Naída Paradise

The rechargeables Naida Paradise are not SP fitting range. They are P fitting range. They don’t have quite as much power, the rechargeables Naidas.

You’re right - I was mixing the Marvel//Paradise line. I have the Naida P-PR coming which is the only next option for me in a BTE in the Paradise line.

If the rechargeables are lighter and more comfortable on my ears than the UP and can be programmed so I hear as well as I do with the UPs, I’ll be thankful. My loss is 80 db but rises to 30db in the highest frequencies. I’m hoping someone might have some real-world experience with battery life on the rechargeables. If not then I will share mine in a couple weeks.

The Rechargeable Naida is questionably powerful enough for you.

Hi Teo, sounds like a reverse sloping loss, is this correct? If you post up your Audiogram it would give us a better idea of your loss? Just wondering why you were fitted with an Ultra Power BTE, if your Audiogram is not in the darkened area of the chart kindly displayed by Raudrive, then you may struggle with the Naida Paradise Power Aid BTE, then again you may not? Like you, I have the Naida Paradise UP BTE 675, and they are indeed awesome aids, fortunately I have rather big ears and I can accommodate these aids or even larger aids, no problem :rofl: :upside_down_face: :joy:, but, I empathize with your problem, I also wear glasses, I have often said I would wear aids the size of a banana if it helped me hear better. Good luck with the Power BTE. Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone on board know the difference between “calm mode” verses general Autosense set up for Phonak Naida Paradise UP? Seems to me "calm mode should already be integrated into Autosense automatically? So what exactly is the difference?

Currently testing Naida Paradise up, but can’t figure out how to turn aids off (completely), other then opening aid battery latch. Which is a pain. There should be a way to use toggle switch to shut aids off but I don’t see any info on that in Phonak operational manual. Wonder if Audi has to set something up - so you can manually turn off aids, without taking them off and then opening battery latch.

I’m also looking into buying Partner Mic and possibly remote control. With Partner mic (when worn) user’s voice should be easier to understand, but do you all get background noise (incoming) through Mic. So say driving in a noisy car will you hear the person with Mic on talking, but also incoming car noise?

I don’t know about others but I find to Phonak Naida toggle switch (at times) not user friendly. Since you have to hold down toggle switch to get various programs for “X” seconds. And if your in a really noisy area you don’t always hear the beep/tone for the program you are hoping to transfer to. I have a tendency to leave my phone at home and find trying to adjust aids manually in noisy setting become “hit and miss”. So anyone suggest I buy the Phonak remote control which would be easier to use, or save some money and just remember to bring my iPhone along to make aid adjustments?

Appreciate any comments.

A question for you who now have NAIDA Paradise hearing aids.

How much has your speech comprehension improved compared to old hearing aids? What is your understanding of speech that flows over bluetooth, for example when watching Youtube. Can you better understand words that are in a foreign language? For example when learning foreign languages.

By the way- I recently got the Phonak Target app, so I decided to study it because later I want to customize my hearing aids myself. I realized I could tune my compilot (for my old Naida q), I turned off the voice notifications and put on a beep. The audiologist who sold hearing aids didn’t know how to do it before, so I’m glad I managed it myself :slight_smile:

Along the way, I’ve studied the Phonak Paradise comparison between the rechargeable version and the version that uses disposable batteries, and I see that for me it’s not a rechargeable version. In one part, the line is beyond the capabilities of hearing aids. If someone buys hearing aids, they should pay attention to it but it is not clear to me, why Phonak did not allow the rechargeable version to be of the same power as the UP version. I don’t like that at all.

I have the P70 UP aids and the reason why the UP version doesn’t have motion detection is because the 675 battery doesn’t provide enough voltage for the motion sensors. The PR and the UP aids are not the same size. PR are smaller than the UP version. I wished the PR version matched the fitting range of my older Naidas V90 SP aids.

2 Likes

How does the P UP Naida aids compare to your V SP Naida aids in size?

Curious to see if newer UP aids are smaller than earlier UP aids.

Hello @markoo355, I have the Naida Paradise 90 BTE UP… I also have Target and Noah Link Wireless, been struggling with my hearing lately, dropping about 5 to 10db across the board since February, perhaps a legacy of my Covid vaccination? Anyway, a few days ago I decided to alter my aids from my AuD’s settings, I changed algorithms from; Adaptive Phonak Digital 2.0, to; DSL v5a Adult, and that made a massive difference with overall clarity, especially on my iPhone x, and on streaming video, everything was clearer and crisper. Good luck. cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

The left is the Naida V90 SP with the 13 battery
The right is the Naida Paradise U70 UP with the 675 battery.

1 Like

Thanks,
Just looking leads me to believe the new P UP Naida aids are a little smaller than their previous Up generations.

I took another picture of the aids.
Left is the Naida V90 SP
Right is the Naida Paradise P70 UP

2 Likes

Thanks, this is much closer to the UP aids of the past.

This is why I liked the Marvel Naida SP aids or Costco Brio 4 with the size 13 battery. The gain wasn’t far from UP aids but has the size 13 battery hearing aid size. Should work for many profound hearing losses.

True however l am pleased with the P70 UP battery life which is 15 to 17 days mostly streaming. My V90 SP 13 battery lasted a week. The sound processing is much better than the Marvels and with the myphonak app remote, l can adjust to hear more softer sounds in noisy environments. I like the automatic reconnect to the tv connector without having to wear the compilot ll device.
Nearly all of my previous hearing aids were all 675 battery aids except the V90 SP used aids l brought last summer.

1 Like

Are you sure about this statement? Maybe the Venture or Belong Naida aids?
I believe the P Naida aids are very nice. A step up from the Marvel’s I have read, but close.

Yes my honest opinion. With the Venture aids l have has no Bluetooth and can’t make ha adjustments with the myphonak app. I use the myphonak app every day even if it’s somewhat buggy. After doing other tasks on phone, sometimes l have to reconnect to the Paradise aids. I only have two Bluetooth enabled, my phone and the tv connector.

Have you tried the Marvel HAs or did you go directly from V90 to P70?

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried all the algorithms? How does the pediatric version of the algorithm differ from the adult version?
I see that there are a total of 8 different types of algorithms.algoritam

I have tried, NAL-NL 2 for a few hours, I didn’t like it! DSL v5a Adult is excellent for me, Adaptive Phonak Digital 2.0 was fine until my hearing dropped, I haven’t tried any others (as yet) If you google DSL v5a Pediatric or Adult, there are white papers out there in PDF format explaining the differences, I think the Adult version came out in 2005? Good luck, cheers Kev :wink:

PS, Perhaps, “Fitting Rationals” is more apt than algorithms?

1 Like

Are you able to go onto Target yourself and just select the different fitting formulas? That’ll tell you the difference. You don’t need to connect your HAs to see.

3 Likes