Phonak introduces Marvel platform and Audéo M hearing aids

that means AI is just another name of auto switching? stil AI cant solve all problem and can not be accurate all time.
my signia when i wear HA with headphone it detecting car mode which is totally false. HA can not rely on AI and machine learning only human intervention is necessory i discovered when i gone to my audi and he checked and asked me when you drived in car and how much i said i do not have car and no journey taken place but just weared headphones(not earphones) to hear my educational class and not music

Yes, you’re right on the Google/ReSound agreement: Hearing Aid Audio Support Using Bluetooth LE  |  Android Open Source Project

Perhaps I got off on the wrong track reading something somewhere else about BT 5.0 and checking the specs on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, which supports BT 5.0, and remembering that “I’m all set!” with that.

An interesting thought is did Google and ReSound engineer their own special BT recipe? And since Qualcomm charges a premium for its technology, will people avoid that high-fidelity, high-compression low-latency aptX Adaptive standard Qualcomm has just put out, requiring BT 5.0 (here I go again!) to avoid paying Qualcomm’s price, even if it were better than the open standard Google and ReSound have devised?

Not from how I read things. Check this link:

At the very bottom is this line: (click the here link)
The protocol specification is available here.

That is this page, and in the second paragraph this is written:

The design of CoC references the Bluetooth Core Specification Version 5 (BT). To stay aligned with the core specifications, all multi-byte values on this page should be read as little-endian.

Click that BT Core Spec link:

https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/bluetooth-core-specification

this is on the official Bluetooth SIG Working Group page.

1 Like

No, but they use AI to build the automatic program. To help to categorize and create sound environments. And yes, they are not always correct. But they have gotten better.

1 Like

You’re probably right but when I looked over the System Requirements and the ASHA GATT Services required to implement BLE (taking off from BT 4.2),

Hearing Aid Audio Support Using Bluetooth LE  |  Android Open Source Project (see down the page under those headings)

since not any old BLE connection will do but one that has to meet those specs is required, that’s where I got the notion that you have to have the hardware and the settings to match as cooked up by Google and ReSound - and we already know that it requires something special both in Android on the phone and in HA firmware as neither Google nor ReSound have been able to implement yet if it’s just twiddling the BT 4.2 settings ……

I just noticed something about GATT Service requirements for the Google/ReSound agreement that is perhaps better placed in the thread here announcing their protocol. I will add a link to a post about GATT here when I’m done. GN Hearing and Google announce Android streaming partnership

Thanks so much for your reply wfnorton! I need to set aside the time to see that video from start to finish! I only made it 10 min through so far. I would definitely be a candidate for the size 13 batts for sure!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the shape of the earbud part? It looked bean-shaped to me in the video - not like the double-dome I have on my current Phonak receivers.

I’m hoping that I’d have no issues with the domes on these Marvel model aids … as it is, I have to swap in size S/M with the L double domes when my ear canals swell up (which they just DO too frequently).

As an Android user now completing six years with my Naidas, I am thrilled to see this, especially in advance of Open Enrollment so I can max out my health care flexible spending account for next year, and hopefully get my hands on these in January. (Which will also give me a little time to see how the earliest adopters feel about them!)

I’ve only ever had Phonaks, so I’m also glad that this is coming from them.

1 Like

We’re doing some live videos over at the annual convention of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology. Here’s Dr Cliff’s interview with Phonak:

Edit: Captions are on the way.

2 Likes

I am currently trying the B90s so and I’m interested in the Marvels. Can anyone coment as to whether or not I would be in the fitting range for the ones that come out in November. Would the tcoil option come out in November or would I have to wait till February?

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

If I remember correctly, tcoils in February. I’m thinking your SP is a BTE and not a RIC? I think the Marvel will initially just be RIC. I’d guess they’d eventually make BTEs. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

where is point 5 that marvel can stream directly from roger direct without receiver attached additionally? is true?

I remember hearing or reading that Roger Receivers (or equivalent ability) were built in so no need to purchase.

1 Like

See the Availability section near the bottom.

See the RogerDirect section scroll down near the bottom.

Note that is the 5th post in this thread.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes they are BTE.

Thanks, are they all RIC’s?

This is the Comments section at the very bottom:

Member16 October 2018

I have a profound hearing loss, will these work for me? I currently use Naida Q30.

Abram Bailey16 October 2018 Replied to Member

Power aid is on the way later, from what I understand.

1 Like

What would be a ballpark price for a set of Marvels?

Hello Blue,

Long time no see. I imagine around the $6,200-$6400 range. I ordered a pair of Evoke Fusion2 440s yesterday and that’s what they were. Private clinic. I don’t see the Marvel being cheaper.

Hey Mark, I recall we both got our first aids at about the same time. Seems we’ve both come back at the same time looking for advice on our upgrades. I tried to stay active here, but have been working major overtime for the last year and a half. But I had to come back here and post a whole bunch of questions as I try to decide what the next solution will be.

Thanks for the info. My audi sent me an email recommending these, but I’m thinking they’re out of my price range.