Phonak iCube

Flash - Phonak now has the latest IPFG 2.6b posted on their website for download by the public. No license agreement etc. Also, I have a very limited number of ICubes That I was able to snag because of a larger purchase. These are not the Chinese knock-off’s, but true Phonak ICubes via an authorized USA distributor. Be cautious of those sold out of CHINA that are knock-offs! Contact me direct at:
corpusjuriscivilis2k@gmail.com For more information. I will probably be placing an EBay auction for whatever is left soon. See: www-dot-mlprestwich-dot-com/phonak/icube.htm for pictures and info. Thanks !

Without lectures about how one shouldn’t do this (I know, but intend to!) does anyone know if iPFG will recognise a Phonak Nathos (made for UK NHS version of the range from Audeo through Versata and to Naida V) as the equivalent privately sold version or if it will lock up and know right away it’s a Nathos and refuse to work? I don’t want to send off for an expensive iCube to find it doesn’t work with these units (assuming I get them in the end, they are up for approval). I intend to take my NHS program off and save as a different client and load my own programs, restoring their programs each time I go to clinic. Well, if they can’t take the time with me and refuse to put on any programs besides Auto and Tcoil they can expect some meddling, I feel!

I am planning something similar Rose with the Naida V:D According to the image of the fitting pdf highlighted in red, then only 2 aids in the Nathos range that cannot use the iCom!

I would imagine, though don’t quote me:D that all NHS Phonak programmable wireless aids will work with the iCom and you will not get locked out, I’m willing to take that chance and if not, as they are as rare as hens teeth, just about! You should not find it difficult to resell the iCom:D

Cheers Kev.

Yes, only two which are not iCube compatible, but the first thing iPFG needs to know in order to start programming is what kind of hearing aid it is. The Nathos does not exist on my copy of iPFG 2.6 therefore if iPFG goes “what kind of hearing aid is that then?” you cannot start programming. The system has to be compatible with the iCube AND then go on to recognise what instrument you have so that it can offer you the correct number of programs, choice of features and capability, etc.

I suspect (cynically perhaps) one reason why the NHS version has had echoblock added is actually not to enhance the capabilities of the hearing instruments, no I think it’s actually to make the capability of the instrument not match any of the specs so that anyone self-programming will be unable to proceed. I am wondering if you plug in a Nathos SP would it go “ooh, that’s a Naida really” or would it go “what’s this?”

At least if you have a ‘real’ Naida you have confidence that the system will know what you have, but I fear iPFG will not know what I have. There is a system hack you can get for programming Eternas (another older NHS model) so I am rather suspicious I may need to hack iPFG a little to program a Nathos, but not seen this hack around since the Nathos is quite new. But maybe I’ll get lucky and it will recognise the Nathos Micro as a Versata - who knows?

It’s none of those things, it’s because you have a commercial version iPFG. there was also a later release; 2.7. The NHS product listing is barred from versions of the commercial release of the software to stop private individuals adjusting NHS fittings. Usually there’s just a code to enter to show the models.

Clearly your audiologist did not tell you to go use the icube on your own because anybody that knows anything about audiology knows that you need more than an icube and software. YOU NEED NOAH… Noah is how you run phonak software and it is extremely expensive and requires a license. It is hilarious that you don’t know this but think you know more about the phonak software than your audiologist. Sounds like your story is full of lies.

Sounds like you need to get your facts straight. Phonak HA can be programed very well using an ICUBE and either the IPFG or Target software depending on the model. NOAH is just another way to program the aids and is NOT necessary to the process if you use an ICUBE.

Iam programming my phonak audeo s smart 5 with a icube from china with succes. No pairing problems it works perfect. It was very helpfull for optimise my music listening program and making my icom sound better. The music sounds super, i never thought it would sound so good with a hearing aid! But without the icube it never worked out. My first audi made a music program with the whisleblock on strong, this sounds bad.
The phonak target software is easy to use just like the ipfg2.6b
I would recommend every one to go for a icube is super to have full control over your hearing aids!

You are correct, what you said it quite hilarious. I did not see truth in any of it.
Thank you for the joke.

Where were you able to get the Target software? I’ve read a few threads where people are trying to find it with no luck.

I had my target software from my audi. No problem!

This is exactly why many audiologists disappoint their clients and fail to be able to optimize their hearing needs! The result: many devices go unused and in a bureau drawer. The object of this list is to help each other and not scare of spread clear lies and falsehoods. Clearly you have a vested interest in convincing people they can’t do this for themselves. Shame on you! Did you happen get your AuD in Mexico in that 1 day course?

I have been programming my own devices for over 4 years. My REAL audiologist suggested I do exactly that and loaned my my first programming device – a HiPro! He and his family have been in the business since the 1950’s and the era of vacuum tube HA’s. Noah is just patient management software that happens to also be able to “talk” to the Hi-Pro. ICubes do just fine in programming EVERY aspect of the Phonak CORE Technology as well as the SPICE Technology based devices. NoahLink, the HIMSHA version of ICube is just that – another wireless programmer. This happens to be the very reason Phonak opened the license to iPFG and posted the program on their site – for individuals.

Program on my friends, if you have the desire, you will do just fine. That is exactly why America Hears offers such a package, but it only has relatively low quality aids available with it where Phaonk is feature rich and of the best platforms I have seen in my years of investigations. I happen to be retired and both a successful business man as well as EE.

So, get your facts straight my friend and the next time you tell someone this lie on EBay, you will be reported for unwanted communications not related to a purchase or sale on EBay.