Phonak iCom

Dear All,

1. I would like to ask something very important. As I understand it is not necessary my hearing aids to have T-coil to work with Icom. It is correct ?

2. Also I would like to ask if it is possible when I use the icom with my mobile phone to hear only my phone and not the enviroment’s sounds (like T-Coil).

3. All the models of the Audeo series has the ability of connectivity with Icom ?

4. Here in my job I have the Cisco Ip Phone 7911 series. It is possible to connect the Icom with this kind of phones ?

I would appreciate very very much if i could have an answer for these questions… :confused:

I will try my best. Anyone please feel free to ad or alter.

1. A t-coil is not needed to use the iCom
  2. Yes, as long as your Audi has lowered the mic input on Bluetooth phone.
  3. All models do indeed.
  4. I don’t think is will as I do not know the phone and most IP phones use Cat5 cabling instead of normal phone cabling. The Jabra phone adapter might work. Alternatively you could use the speaker phone or use the aid on acoustic phone mode for the Cisco.

I found that there is a CISCO IP Phone that has bluetooth functionality which permits a remote access with Icom.

Do you know anything about the “Easyphone” function ?

@akfo7
I did try the easy phone magnets on my standard land line before getting my new Cisco model with bluetooth capability. I personally was not impressed as the effect of the magnets. They would signal my aids on but then click off and on while I was speaking. I found this too distracting and chose to look for another solution. I read here that it may depend on the model of phone you are using.
Hope that helps

Thank you for your answer. I have understood that it is possible to talk with cell phones and land-scape phones with bluetooth functionality through Icom. My question is: There is an adjustment for the Audeo to hear only the voice of the land-scape phone without bluetooth functionality (the same way with T-coil). Unfortunately I didn’t have an answer for this simple question yet…:(:(:frowning:

You can use the easyphone, but this uses the hearing aid’s microphone, so you will hear the phone and the background noise. If you are willing to wait a bit you could get the Audeo Smart, that will transmit the audio signal to both your aids and should work better than t-coil but not quite as good as binaural bluetooth with no mic input. Or you can have the Audeo Yes set like EnglishDispenser has suggested elsewhere and use the ZoomControl to hear the phone in both ears. For this you need the Audeo YES IX and a smartcontrol to access the Zoomcontrol feature.

Oh, this is interesting. For me the T-coil is very good way to hear clearly the phone. How Audeo smart can transmit the audio signal to both aids ?

your kidding ,