Phonak eXtra Problem

Hello All!

I am a newbie, and am glad to have found these forums. I had no idea such a thing existed.

I have a pair of Phonak eXtra 211AZ’s. The right aid has a “buzzing” noise, which is almost constant…but ONLY when in a loud atmosphere (such as outside, driving, etc). I’ve taken it to my audiologist, and he said everything checks out, but he cleaned the aid and put new tubes on it. It seemed to be fine for about a week, but then it started acting up again. I’m wondering if there’s more to it than just needing a cleaning (such as a problem with one mic).

I even e-mailed Phonak yesterday, and they said to have my audiologist contact them with the problem.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

Instead of trying to guess what might be causing the problem take the aids back to you audiologist like Phonak suggests and have him send the defective aid back to Phonak. Since the buzzing has returned tell you audiologist that you want the aid returned to Phonak with an explanation of the problem you are experiencing. I am assuming that this buzzing noise is not occurring when you are using the telecoil.

I’m not sure why you are trying to debug the problem yourself.

YOU ARE THE PAYING CUSTOMER!

In such a situation you shouldn’t really need to email Phonak or post on forums.

Simply ask the supplier to send the aid back to Phonak for a checkover.

Ok. Point taken.

I just figured if it was something SIMPLE (like needing another cleaning), I could avoid the hassle of sending in a hearing aid that is no longer under warranty, and paying who-knows-how-much to have it repaired.

I do appreciate the responses. I will make an appointment with the audiologist once again.