Phonak CROS-PR and Roger ON a good mix?

Hi all, thanks to everyone’s help here already. I have still more questions!

I am using a Phonak P90-RT and CROS-PR and I’m still on a trial….

Does anyone have experience with using Phonak CROS device and the Roger ON microphone? I understand it connects via Bluetooth to your HA to improve listening to voices in noise.

When using the Roger ON, does your CROS disconnect or continue working?

Is the resulting listening experience substantially improved?

Or (assuming the CROS disconnects) do you miss sounds on your unaidable side too much?

1 Like

Yes it disconnects the CROS when using the Roger On but the Roger system doesn’t work on Bluetooth.

1 Like

Thanks @Zebras, this response lead me to re read the website info…it’s all so complicated :cry:.

It looks like the Roger ON iN would direct connect without using Bluetooth. Out of my price range I am afraid.

As I understand it, the Roger ON and Roger Neck Loop work together and would connect via my Telecoil…a little less expensive, and maybe a better option.

Anyway, appreciate your answering and prompting further research.

Yes either way, the Roger On doesn’t work on Bluetooth for any of the Aids.

The Roger Neckloop is a good idea but very prone to interference.

The Roger On iN or Roger Select iN can be bought off eBay WITH the licenses installed still. (Make sure you check that the licenses are still installed.)

Might be a better option?

1 Like

Yeah @Zebras, I decided to go via eBay route, I ordered a (used) Roger On, for £302 counting postage, with the charging stand, and since I don’t have the Roger installer, although I might order one at some point? I only have 1 type 03 Roger X receiver, so I went for the type 03 Roger Neckloop, available via Connevans for £125, if you sign the VAT waiver, I can pick up another 03 receiver at some point in the future, but I will see how well the Roger Neckloop performs first, when I get it later in the week, it also gives me an option for Nadia M70’s…… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

I’ve decided to give the Phonak cros the flick for all of these reasons but especially the part where the CROS doesn’t function while there’s another open connection. Apparently the Widex cros does maintain the cros during streaming.

Because I specifically want to use Roger at work, I am about to give a non CROs system a go and if that doesn’t help, then I’ll try the widex.

1 Like

With my unaidable ear, I found a HA ineffective and I felt amplification there worsened my tinnitus. Expensive also.

Interestingly, I have been working from home using my HA and the PC mic system. At the office yesterday, this did not work well when people around me were using Bluetooth headsets and we were on same call. We could all hear echo, I think from my open mic. Needs more thought on how to manage this ….

1 Like

For anyone following this… I purchased a lavalier microphone kit for work which solved the problem. Means I can keep my HA in for video calls and the microphone makes me wireless. I think the problem with echo was due to using open mics on laptop.

Because the lavalier is not Bluetooth (is UHF transmitter/receiver) the single connection for HA Bluetooth audio out still works.

Hi @kevels55! How did your Roger purchase go? Have you had a chance to try it?

1 Like

@Steph

2 Likes