Phonak Bolero vs resound Linx 9

I realize that the innovative feature of the Linx is its ability to connect directly with the iPhone and other apple products, i am interested to know from people how the Linx stands up as a HA in terms of sound quality and ability to deal with difficult hearing situations – restaurants for example. I have read through almost all the posts and they generally focus on the iPhone and issues related to it. So, the iPhone aside, is the Linx comparable to say the phonak Bolero?

thanks in advance

Steve

It would be more accurate to compare LiNX to the Phonak Audéo Q since they’re both RIC instruments. The Bolero is a BTE.

I recently lost over 50% of my hearing (sorry i do not know yet how to make a chart of this) and am therefore very new to all this. I realize that one is a RIC and the other BTE. While I am attracted to the LinX because i do use apple hardware and like the immediate bluetooth capacity, i was wondering about the experience of the sound of these two. My audio suggests the Bolero above the Audéo because the range of the Bolero was better for my hearing loss – again, i am new to this so i am sorry if i am not explaining things correctly.

But let me then reformulate the question: how does the RIC experience differ fro the BTE experience, and again how does the LinX compare as a HA in its own right without the iPhone capacity.

thanks for all comments to help me get on top of this

— Updated —

I recently lost over 50% of my hearing (sorry i do not know yet how to make a chart of this) and am therefore very new to all this. I realize that one is a RIC and the other BTE. While I am attracted to the LinX because i do use apple hardware and like the immediate bluetooth capacity, i was wondering about the experience of the sound of these two. My audio suggests the Bolero above the Audéo because the range of the Bolero was better for my hearing loss – again, i am new to this so i am sorry if i am not explaining things correctly.

But let me then reformulate the question: how does the RIC experience differ fro the BTE experience, and again how does the LinX compare as a HA in its own right without the iPhone capacity.

thanks for all comments to help me get on top of this

Many people find the sound quality from a RIC is better than that of a BTE because the receiver is closer to your eardrum, and the output doesn’t have to travel through a long tube. The range of the receivers on the Audéo (and the LiNX) is very wide. Can you post your audiogram values so we can see what your hearing loss looks like? The LiNX works perfectly fine as a hearing aid without the iPhone. You certainly don’t have to use the direct audio streaming feature if you don’t want to.