Phonak Bluetooth voice rattle

@PeterH Yes Peter, someone on here had problems with those two being slightly different and causing odd artefacts. They made them identical and the problem stopped.

1 Like

Thanks @firenzel for that non-tech suggestion of fingers in ears! Sadly, that only makes the tone/rattle sound more clearly.

Thanks @PeterH I’m mac only and not traveling with a computer or laptop at the moment. Will have to wait until I’m back at base for longer and try to set up BaseCamp etc to run the software. Your comments give me a good place to look - I might even succeed in getting another Audiologist appointment and pass on your suggestion. So far two (NHS) audiologists have looked a bit blank when Bluetooth was mentioned

1 Like

Warning, my comment based on self programming of P90s (I went from B90s to P90s)

Hypothesis. This is duplicate input from both streaming and aid microphone

Suggestion: Turn mics off in streaming programs.

In streaming programmes, the mic in the aid often left on but attenuated so you can hear background events. I assume that your audeo increased the attenuation (ie reduced the gain). There is also an option to turn the aid microphone off completely in streaming programmes.

See attached screen from Phonak target. It MAY help if the mic is turned off. Worth a try.

As you suggest @nsjmgm it is worth a try. It does feel (to my inexperienced brain) that a doubling effect via the mics might be at fault. Thanks.

I turned that Sound Relax slider off right away

Did your audiologist enable remote programming through the Phonak app, assuming it is an option with the M70s? Saves a physical trip. The app also gives you an opportunity to change some of the settings yourself.

Could I suggest you add your audiogram to your profile. It does help at least with some queries posted.

I was wondering, if you are comfortable answering, why you were fitted with bolero (thin tube) rather than audeo (ric) as the former are far less commonly used now though remain appropriate for some. Enquiring primarily for my own education, and an understanding of the rationale behind NHS hearing aid dispensing.

1 Like

Did you have the same issue as KevM, did it help? In my entirely personal experience, I have not found any utility in the sound relax feature.

Our NHS Trust only issues Bolero or Naida (as far as I know). I guess they see RIC Receivers as an added expense they don’t need. They’re also easily broken. Since buying Audeo Paradise, I actually prefer the feel of Bolero, and the sound quality is just fine

I haven’t got the issue that KevM has. I removed SoundRelax so it matched the Music astreaming better.

I dislike things like SoundRelax as ot decodes what I want, and don’t want, to hear. If there’s a fan near me, I want to hear it. I’m probably better suited to analogue HAs :slight_smile:

I’m wondering if maybe an MPO is too high in his media + mic, and it’s distorting?

Peter

1 Like

RICs (a misnomer really, should be Sender IC) are not suitable for all, but for most is the 1st choice. That today, the NHS is fitting (for KevM) a lower spec version of a 7 year old 3 generations behind aids is testimony to why I left that singing ship some years ago. Rant over!

In its defence, the NHS provides (mostly) Bluetooth hearing aids at absolutely zero cost to the end user. Many users are quite happy with them, and can now hear again. In my experience, these 2019 technology HAs haven’t been improved much until (maybe) now. The have, mostly, the same programmes and options.

I was lucky enough to find £3000 to go private. Many others can’t. I bought Paradise P90-13T.

Although the programming was far superior, I’ve since self programmed with Marvel and Paradise, and hear just as well with those. I prefer the sound from the bigger speaker behind the ear.

2 Likes