Phonak B70-R double flashing and won't charge

Hi All,

I have a couple of B70-Rs that came with some other stuff off evil-bay - stated they don’t work (which is true).

When put on charge they do 2 quick flashes in sequence, then pause and do the same again.

No charge is accepted - I’ve tried the ‘hold the button for 60 seconds’ to reboot - but no change.

Are these HAs now beyond recovery - or is there anything to try and revive them?

Does anyone know what 2 fast flashes means (assuming error code) - normal charging cycle is one longer flash (going on youtube videos)

Thanks for any advice

According to the user guide, the blinking is slow.

EDIT, I misunderstood that the two flash blinking is not the charging and in fact something else.

Hope you find answers from other people.

1 Like

Loos like I found it:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1157869/Phonak-Audeo-B-R-B90.html?page=48#manual

Indicator light on hearing aid blinks fast while charging - Faulty Battery.

On the positive side - I now have 2 HAs that are ‘pure disco’…(flashing lights)

@Vigilo

Are you able to tell me how to find out what model Audeo Belong Rechargeable Aids you have?

I’m trying to help out this person who has the rechargeable Belong Audeo Aids that need to be sold as part of an estate (UK thing) but doesn’t know what model they are.

The manual hasn’t been ticked to tell them which ones they are.

He doesn’t have any access to the Phonak Target software.

Thanks.

It took me a while to work it out, and its awkward.

The ear side of the HAs has a darker grey panel with ‘Audeo’ and the coloured dot on it.

towards the top of this there is a ‘pin hole’ that goes through and has a steel pin that secures the panel. I used my ‘change receiver’ pin tool thing to push the pin through, and take the cover off.

Written under the panel is the model number in very small writing (magnifying glass required)

Without the pin thing they could well be stuck (might be worth a go with a very fine sewing needle?

Hope that helps

Thank you.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t quite follow your last point about “without the pin”. There is a small slot at the bottom (see red arrow in the image below). Is it maybe possible to “snap up/off” the grey panel using a tiny tool without pushing out the pin?

Or does the pin firmly secure the grey panel to the hearing aid body?

c1

Not that simple I’m afraid, there is a loop on the back of the panel that the pin passes through

!

You can see the model number on the far side of this though.

Your serial number seems really hard to read.

This is the model and the serial number of the person I’m helping.

He managed to get the bit open.

@pvc - looking at it you’re spot on, couldn’t lever the door up on mine without risk of damaging the plastic door so didn’t apply too much force - having said that they’re so ‘gunked up’ and the batteries are shot so probably wouldn’t make much difference.

Every day is a school day etc :slight_smile:

Yep, judging from the picture above posted by @Zebras, it appears that the grey panel swivels on the case pin and can be pried up to view the model and serial numbers.

But I am still curious to see the battery! If you ever take the case off again, would you please show us a picture of the battery? We have seen the “3D CT-XRay-scan” image from @sterei in this thread, Wow!

It would be cool to see a real-life image for comparison to the scanned image.

1 Like