Phonak Autosense Change “Jingle”

The Audeo HAs I just brought home from a “refurb” (which I am sure are brand new) work so much better than the ones I left there, it’s as if they went through a major model software upgrade.

One thing I’d change, though, is the constant jingle they play every time my movement into a diiferent acoustic environment causes an Autosense program change.

Does anyone know if this is a changeable “feature”, either by DIY or by an audiologist tweek? I just don’t know why Phonak feels the need to audibly inform me what I have already surmised (“Hey, you! You moved!”)!

1 Like

If it switches from the TV connector back to automatic mode then there is a jingle. Otherwise there should be no jingles for switching to one of the many different environmental classifications of Autosense. I have never seen a setting in Target for this and would suggest it’s a fault as it must be highly irritating!

3 Likes

Maybe turn off these:

2 Likes

@Baltazard Are these settings from the audi-used software? MyPhonak app looks nothing like this, and I am sure it’s up to date.

No - these are not on the Phonak App - they are on the Target programming software. And I think none of these settings would work as they don’t relate to environmental classifications of Autosense. I may be wrong but I would advise you to see your audiologist.

1 Like

@SlimToNone , I think what might be happening isn’t changes within autosense, but between autosense and bt streaming. If your phone or tablet is sending notification sounds regularly, this will make your HAs switch to BT (even if no sound is actually played) and then switch back to autosense, making the chimes ring. Some web pages will do this, too. An ad will pop up. It doesn’t play any sounds, but it grabs the HAs and it is freaking annoying.

Hope this makes sense and helps you either figure it out or eliminate another possible cause of your problem.

WH

7 Likes

@SlimToNone Sorry for late reply, no, those settings are from the program (Target) your hearing care professional uses to setup your Phonak hearing aids.
Basically, you could ask him to turn them off, not sure if he/she can turn them off remotely, but worth asking him/her.

1 Like

So, many months later I finally asked my HIS to track down the settings that @Baltazard pointed out in the Target software. He turned off one switch and that seemed to prevent the “chirping” I was getting (at least in a quick test in his office). When I got home, though, nothing had changed. I was thinking of what @glucas and @Whitehat said and turned off all the various bluetooth connections. No change. I unplugged my TV Connector unit on the main TV. No change. But I could still trigger the “chirping” on demand as I walked through the house.

It finally dawned on me that I had another TV Connector connected on another TV. That one was active. Turned it off and my HAs went from TV Connector & mic to Autosense. Source confirmed! They still “chirp”, but I no longer spend my day going in and out of Autosense and the quality of performance is now consistent and better.

Thanks, @Baltazard and @glucas and @Whitehat!

4 Likes