Phonak Audeo M90 Phone Call Problems

Has this phone call issue with phone calls with the Marvel mic improved or is it still an issue? Also, so you Have to answer with your HAs or can I just answer w: my iPhone normally?

Worse BT call quality than when using phone’s mic or other mics? Yup, still here, at least on android.
Also, BT quality for me is worse than on phone or if I use roger to stream it (I plug audio cable to roger select and then it streams audio to HAs, while for mic I use some cheap one, both are plugged in to phone by wire, using that common mic+audio splitter)

With BT headphones with mics quality is fine, so it’s not about BT but marvels BT.

1 Like

Right now I have Signia Pure. Important things for me , following hearing speech is is BT with iPhone, TV, steaming music, audiobooks. Sounds to me, what you are saying is that then Phonak Marvels do Not do a very good job in these situations - is that correct. I’m asking as interested in getting Marvel 90s

I have one good ear so I can compare quality. So in terms of who does job better, marvel bt for calls is inferior to bt headset or phone directly.

And recipients definitely hear all the noise around you and it disturbs, when you’re using marvels for BT call.

So, if you’re in quiet place, then it’s going to be fine.
But really quiet, so no street noise and open windows.

For just listening they’re ok. Even outside in noise. BT connection can get crazy, I found best position is when phone is in front of me, so in a plane that would split my head in half between two ears. If phone is on one side eg I turn head, then BT has hiccups. On open streets, no buildings nearby for a while.
But on that plane, it can be in my hip bag, closed, still works.

If it has something to bounce off, it’s also ok. That’s common BT issue.

But but but it depends on the setup and your loss. Calls use different program than streaming, which is different than roger. And how phonak derives other programs from basic calm one doesn’t work for me. I have tweaked some, but not too much.

However, how recipients hear me, that’s on marvels alone. And that one isn’t that great, so I don’t bother with my side either. When I’ll call someone, it will be using roger select anyway (for audio) plus additional wired mic.

But it depends on your use case. If you’ll mostly be in really quiet, then other side will hear ok. Not perfect but just fine.

And I don’t know how is with iPhone. But best way is to take them to trial knowing what you have to test.

Uf, sorry, I didn’t checked whole topic. Ok, so on android definitely recipients can understand you, it just that they get background noise as well, but they still hear you ok, it’s just more strain.

So, they are doing very good job, it’s just that some other combinations do that job even better.
Sorry for jumping in, I have no clue about iphone. I think I mistook this topic for another one based on title alone.

1 Like

Phone call quality from the Phonak Marvel aids has had bad reports from those that the aids were not set up properly. When the aids have been properly programmed most people do not have phone call issues in most circumstances. What I have experienced is if it’s loud enough for me to have a difficult time understanding the person on the other end also have a difficult time understanding.

1 Like

Blacky. Thank you. Appreciate your input and perspective. Helpful to me.

Thank you. Good information for me to ponder :blush:

I don’t see any way to setup mics for phone calls. I can only adjust what I hear but not what other side hears. Can you point me in the right direction?

Feedback manager has to be ran properly first.
This is how my aids are set up.
I am using fixed bandwidth too. My wife’s KS9 aid are on adaptive with no issue but that didn’t work well with mine.