Phonak announces Naída Marvel, the world’s first super-power hearing aid with universal Bluetooth connectivity

I was told that the UP model will come with the next generation of Bluetooth aids, it won’t be released with the Marvel.

Timing is right for Phonak to offer UP model since its most power hearing aid (in Marvel group) is T-13 and that’s been out close to two years. I’ll go with Terost’s guess, since post says his/her audiologist contacted Phonak directly. Of course a second verification would be nice.

What hearing aid are you talking about here?
The Naida M SP came out a few months ago.

Yes the Naida M SP is new and should stand a level above the M T-13. Though their fitting charts are really close. They both also use size 13 battery so one might have a hard time telling the difference between the two. If Phonak can produce a UP model come fall great but with the recent Naida M SP entry, it might be a little early for a “true power” Phonak aid to come out in four/five months. Thanks for filling in (my missing link) Raudrive.

My audiologist called phonak today and the woman he spoke says there are no plans for a marvel naida in up. Especially since it would only result in a 1db increase in power over the sp. Of course do you really believe anything a manufacturer says. Their claims regarding what their hearing aids can do is borderline ridiculous.

This is what my audiologist told me by email:

I was told by our rep that the UP for Naida Marvel would likely come out this fall (August-October). They have already released the SP. UP aids usually use the 675 battery because extra gain is needed for those with severe profound hearing loss.

Pre-announcement is alway nice, but I tend to think its a “rarity” by hearing aid manufacturers. But if your information is correct Terost, one would think a call to Phonak say August would confirm the matter either way.

I have contacted Phonak in January regarding the UP version and got 2 responses - in February they told me that an UP version is not planned for the Marvel platform but at the end of May I received a new answer stating that in the Fall we will have more information about upcoming products. The reason for not releasing an UP version are issues with the integration of their modified Bluetooth Classic version used in the Marvel platform. It would be nice if these issues are fixed and Naida M UP hit the market in the Fall. Naida UP is among the most popular ultra power devices and definitely many UP users are waiting for such an update.

Thank’s for update sayer. Of course “up coming products” could mean almost anything. Interesting how some posters say they get no response from Phonak when contacting and others do get a response. I always wonder if a licensed Audi (who sells Phonak aids) can get more (future hearing aid info) versus John Doe just calling up and asking questions?

Well maybe no one at phonak knows what they’re talking about. But the rep implied that if anything the bolero will come out as the ultra power and not the naida and that the belero will only have an increase of 1 dB over the current marvel naida. So we shall see. Maybe it’s a big secret

One has to seriously doubt if Phonak would come out with a ultra power aid that is only 1dB over current marvel Naida. Buyers would get confused on which aid to buy. With that said the bolero currently comes with a 312 battery and a rechargeable. In my opinion for Phonak to truly make a ultra power aid they need to offer a 675 battery, which would mean a larger size aid. From a manufacturing stand point I would assume it would be more “cost effective” for Phonak to up grade the Naida marvel versus the bolero.

I’m not disagreeing with you. I am telling you what the rep told us. Feel free to contact phonak

It’s funny. When my audi called phonak he seemed surprised when the phone rang. He didn’t expect to get through. So if they don’t answer the phone who knows if the info you receive is accurate. Only time will tell.

Hello, has anyone tried the latest version Phonak Naida Marvel BTE SP with 675 battery. They’re telling this is the powerful version equivalent to Naida UP for profound loss.Any ideas?

Hows the sound quality

Also how is the Bluetooth call quality, and voice quality?Earlier i tried to use Marvel , but wasn’t satisfied voice quality in calls.

the SP uses size 13!

1 Like

I’m late to this conversation, so forgive me if this has already been covered. I got the Phonak Marvels when they were first released 2 years ago. What does this model offer that the original Marvel does not? What’s the upgrade?

As far as I know it’s more of a lateral move rather than an upgrade. The Naida Marvel is a Super Power BTE (rather than a RIC, like Audeo Marvel)

1 Like

@AbramBaileyAuD

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but just wondering if there is any thoughts on when Phonak will release a UP Naida for Marvel or Paradise? I’m severely to profoundly dead and looking forward to these (if they ever come out).

Might be time for some posters here to contact Phonak and get a “roll out” date if available for a P Up. Its now 2021 and believe Phonak has not come out with a NEW power aid in four plus years. In fact Widex hasn’t come out with a UP aid in five/six plus years.

I’d also like to know when a Naida Paradise will be available.