Philip's hearing aids

You have a severe loss and you’re using an open fitting – domes, rather than a custom mold? My impression is that’s unusual.

They did it the way you are saying and I could barely hear anything

Tony, I had a similar experience to yours with Philips 9040’s. They didn’t do the job for my hearing loss at all - even after going back for an adjustment.

What did work great for me was the Rexton Bi-Core C R Li-T, which is identical to Signia’s Pure Charge&Go AX. These Rextons have certain advantages for your situation. First, fully charged hearing aids give you 44 hours of use. This is the case with the telecoil version (hence the T in Li-T). The version without telecoil is slightly less (39 hours). For all practical purposes, this equates to 2 days of use since none of us are awake for the full 48 hours in 2 days.

Second, when fully charged, the charger provides 3 full charges without needing to be plugged in again. So, if you bring your charger with you, you can recharge your hearing aids twice more during your trip without having to replug it in. In this way, you have a total of 6 days of use from your hearing aids. This doesn’t get the job done for a 2-3 week wilderness trip, but it’s a big improvement over the alternatives with rechargeable hearing aids.

Third, I’ve done a lot of wilderness canoe camping myself, so I ask, do you need fully charged hearing aids on every day of your trip? If you can go without your hearing aids for some part of a longer trip, you can spread out these 6 days of hearing aid use over a longer period. But the good news is that each set of Rexton hearing aids comes with 2 chargers - a standard charger and a travel charger. So, after you charge your hearing aids before leaving home, you have extra charges in your second charger as well as the ones remaining in your first. Another option is to buy an extra travel charger or two for camping trips. These spares will also provide you with extra days of cordless charging. The travel chargers are compact and don’t take up much room.

Fourth, there is a special charger available from Rexton through Costco for $100+ US which acts as a drier as well as a charger. No particular help on your camping trips, but still a nice feature to have.

Good luck with your trials.

1 Like

Do they come in a disposable battery?

The Signia Pure AX? If so absolutely, that’s one of the things that is great with Signia they give you this option.

Nice verifit … you can replicate SII using speechmapping BUT More uses VAC+ not NAL, and it does more than just gain frequencies… It will be interesting to see your perception of sound.

I bought the Philips at Costco roughly 200 days ago. They did not work for me either. Software was poor relative to my first pair of Rextons (2017 or 18) or my Phonaks (2021). I changed them out for the Rextons. I’m very pleased with these new ones and the very usable software.

You have to please you on this.

1 Like

I often seen Dr Cliff complaining Signia do not reach targets hence the need to do speech mapping.