"Parts List" for Hardware to Self-Program Oticon Alta2 Pro Ti?

Hi,

As an electrical engineer and bad musician, I want to try my hand at self-programming my Oticon Alta2 Pro Ti aids. I have downloaded and installed the Genie software from Oticon. I was able to update the firmware to my ConnectLine Streamer with it.

Obviously, I need hardware to connect the Genie software to my aids. I’ve been reading around various threads to find a complete how-to list of hardware. One thread seemed close but many links were old or dead.

I checked on eBay and there are many variations of cables and connector types. I’m really looking for a solid list of exactly what I need. I downloaded software utilities along with the Genie software that seem to allude to needed hardware. I see stuff for NoahLink, HI-PRO, Otishell, and Otiset5.

Is there a list of exact cable, connectors and programming streamers I would need to actually program my Alta2 Pro Ti aids using the Genie software?

Thanks

I’ve got the cable sets on order from eBay suppliers. I’d like to find a US supplier of Hi-Pro/miniPro interfaces if possible. All of Amazon’s are shipping from China and I need mine quicker than they will deliver.

Anyone on the forum up for selling their USB Hi-Pro or mini-Pro?

Can anybody tell if this is a serial cable model or USB. The serial cable ones can take considerable futzing. @capecuddy Too bad you ordered cables already, I sent you a PM offering to sell cables and flex strips and perhaps minipro. I’m sure I could have beaten price on whatever your paying for cables.

Ah, sorry, I missed that.

However, there’s a few others available if you’re happy to have them posted from “London”

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hipro+programmer&_sacat=0

Really? How did I (and others I know) manage to buy one then? And can still see many for sale? :thinking:

You know I and others on this forum still use that piece of junk serial HiPro. It hasn’t missed a beat in the 10 years I have used it on a half dozen different computers with different operating systems. I am not a computer wiz at all. I managed to set it up and keep it going all these years.
I really wish you wouldn’t talk down on this programming device like you do.

I think you are forgetting why we program our own hearing aids.
Most of us started to get a pair of aids that we could afford because of the outrageous hearing aid prices from audiologist. That fact hasn’t changed. You have been a disservice to the members of this forum with your negativity toward this product. You of all people should understand this. The serial HiPro comes up on eBay often at a very good price. This lower price enables those needing aids to get them and program them. And that is a good thing.

You are correct about the USB HiPro being easier. It probably is the best for newbies getting into self programming. Even that may be in question with everything going wireless. But the information is readily available on this forum how to set up a serial HiPro with a little searching for less money.

The DIY self programmer should be an inquiring type person wanting to learn and research, not ask endless questions.

1 Like

Jeez! Talking about making a topic confusing for newcomers.

Right, now that I’m awake and reading through this thread again, I can only assume you’re talking about the original full-sized machine that was called the Aurical Hi-Pro of which there is a couple for sale on eBay but not USB. I didn’t think any of these old machines were USB anyhow.

AuricalHiPro

But most newcomers, the casual programmer, won’t be wanting an Aurical Hi-Pro adorning their desk space anyway, USB, Serial or otherwise. Most all of us are looking at the good old lil Hi-Pro box, preferably USB of course but there’s nothing wrong with the Serial boxes. Don’t forget that there might be some people in their 60s and older who may still have an older machine with a serial port. There are also many laptops around still with a good old serial port.

HiPro

Absolutely agree. Nor should there be endless posts confusing the issue like in this thread and this one. Yes, “this one” being the “example of compatibility problems that may arise”. I’d never seen that thread before, until now and when I read through it, I couldn’t help thinking what an absolute confusing mess it is. Sorry to be blunt but I’m only being honest here. That thread is enough to confuse and put off a newbie seeking help in my opinion!

Anyway. Yes, I do get it that the main point you were trying to make was to advise people searching eBay to search for “ USB mini pro hearing aid programmer ” and not HiPro programmer. Fair point but I searched for HiPro programmer when I bought mine only a couple or so months ago and didn’t have any problems. It listed several boxes, most in “London”, (mine DID come from London as it happened) a few in USA and the rest in Hong Kong. There was even one in Denmark when I searched.

By the way, when actually searching for Mini Pro also locates these…

MiniPro

Another thing to confuse newbies. These are the real Mini Hi-Pro (being the search term you recommend I mean) which draw their power from the USB port and do not use a separate power supply like the Serial counterparts. Also perfectly usable of course. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cor! He’s one angst fella, ain’t he?
Not at all friendly.
Not at all helpful.

Tara. :roll_eyes:

Oh, hello! Back again? :rofl:

1 Like

That is true.

It is ashamed this forum doesn’t use stickies to organize the so often needed important information that is available here.
It’s also had to be frustrating for you in the DIY area trying to keep up with all the repetitious questions.

Not sure what you meant with that the chicken quarters but yes, I do love to cook. A pot of Anasazi beans in the pressure cooker.

image|666x500

Oh my sides!
(Yaaawwwwnnnnnnnn!!!)

I’m not going to lower myself to that of a certain plastic member. This isn’t a school playground. Wrong forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the moment, that is not strictly true. Whilst there are some “HiPro” boxes with blacked out Hi-Pros out there, there’s still a good few boxes with Hi-Pro to be found.

Indeed, my own box has Hi-Pro on it, only bought it a few weeks ago for £169. And yes, it has a serial port. A Universal Serial Bus port that is. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You have me rolling over laughing.

Love your new avatar.