Oticons Connect Clip First impressions

I got all my Roger stuff off eBay. Paid $279 for 2 x receivers and a Pen.

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind.

There is no reason why you can’t use the connectclip on a conference room table, as long as the table isn’t too large. This would apply to any other device, as well. I use my connectclip for several hours every day and I just place it on the desk in front of me. The audio quality is fine, according to the people I skype with.

The ConnectClip is designed to pick up sound the best when worn right on your chest through the clip or the lanyard with the mic pointing up toward you.

Having it on a table very close by with the mic pointed toward you probably will sound OK as well as long as the distance is not too far away.

The problem with using it for a conference table, even if the conference table is not too large, is that it may not pick up sound from its other end as well as picking up sound from its mic end.

1 Like

I agree with you, @Volusiano. @darylm, I’m glad you find that the ConnectClip works on your desk for Skype calls. The beauty of this forum is that we are all sharing our experiences, and those experiences are different for everyone. Cheers.

1 Like

You make a reasonable point. If you are trying to pick up sound in 360 degrees, the connect clip isn’t designed for that. If the people are sitting across from you, it would work fine. I set mine on my desk on its side so the mic is pointing at me. It could just as easily be pointed away from me toward other people. I’ve never tried that, because I find the HA’s work well enough that I don’t need to.

Oticon does not work directly with the Roger pen like Phonak and a few others do. But I’ve been told Roger works with any HA with a telecoil ( but maybe only with a neckloop or streamer?). Or do you need the Roger Mylink?

Using the connect clip on my phone is weird, hearing the person in both ears is just strange. Perhaps in time I’ll get used to it.

Since I have full domes, I often use the clip as a volume control. If the situation is noisy, I can turn down the hearing aids discreetly. Of course they aren’t working as well, but at least I’m not damaging my ears.

I make my living playing music. I keep a sound level meter on stage and I keep the stage volume at 90dba or under at all times. Most times it’s under 85dba (safe listening levels) depending on the room acoustics.

I clip the connect clip to my pocket. When the song starts I can push the volume down button a couple of notches, and between songs if an audience member is addressing the band, I can click it back up. I think for an entertainer, it’s a good thing to be able to do this without touching my ears.

It’s not that I’m embarrassed about my loss of hearing, I just think it’s unprofessional.

BTW, I didn’t lose my hearing due to my work, I’ve always used audiologist fitted musician’s ear filters to protect myself. A misdiagnosed allergy three times took out the high frequencies.

Bob

A very knowledgeable Audi answered my question. Using a neckloop with the Roger Pen requires you to also have the Roger MyLink (a receiver + neckloop). The neckloop is integrated into the MyLink receiver for use with a hearing device’s telecoil. This receiver must be linked to the Roger Pen in order for the signal from the Pen to be heard by the user of the MyLink. The MyLink is only required for use of the Roger Pen if your hearing aid or cochlear implant is not compatible with the Pen, and therefore cannot be directly paired with the Pen.