Oticon TV Adapter 3.0 works great w/ OPNs

I’ve been using the TV Adapter 3.0 for a couple of months, and I wanted to mention it in case other OPN users are thinking about it.

It works very well for me, the streaming sound can be balanced very well to the microphones, so you’re able to hear people around you, etc while streaming the sound and playing it through the TV or Amplifier. I like that you dont need to use the streamer unit either, its just an extra program to cycle to on your aids.

I’m pretty happy with that investment. Especially helps on shows without subtitles.

1 Like

I have been using the TV connect 3 now for a couple of months and I love it

That has been my experience as well. Very pleased.

I was reminded of my old Oticon TV streamer 1.0 and how it crackled and cut out occasionally when looking through my old posts here, which is why I wanted to post that the new model is a lot better. Also lets you watch TV in silence if you wanted, which helps when the spouse is sleeping.

1 Like

I didn’t have a great experience with it. There was a slight delay in audio so hearing tv from speakers and through my HAs was pretty much impossible

Hm, in my case there’s no delay between when I hear from the TV Adapter in my OPN and when I hear from the TV speaker. They came at the same time.

You might want to check your TV settings to see if there’s an audio delay set in there on purpose for some reason.

1 Like

I use the TV connect a lot and there isn’t any delay. Most of the time I am using the tv connect along with the tv volume and don’t notice any difference

1 Like

I have played around with this issue. When I run sound directly from my Version FIOS DVR via optical cable I get a slight delay/echo . However, if I route the sound through my Yamaha receiver via HDMI and then from there to that TV connector I get no delay. I can connect an optical cable directly from my Apple TV to the TV connector without delay as well. Not sure it this helps