Oticon TV Adapter 3.0 on/off button

The TV Adapter does not have an on/off button. Do you all leave it on all of the time or unplug it when not in use?

I leave it on all of the time.

2 Likes

I have the Philips Hearlink version and have it plugged into a Wemo smart plug. “Alexa, switch 1 on” turns it on. “Alexa, switch 1 off” turns it off.

2 Likes

My Resound TV Streamer is on 24/7

1 Like

mine’s been turned on for years, it actually turns itself off (red LED) after not getting any input for a few minutes. I never touch it, it just works.

2 Likes

It doesn’t really turn itself off after a few minutes of detecting no sound above threshold. I think it just goes on standby mode, which is different than turning off completely. In standby mode, it probably still have some circuitry “on” to scan and detect the presence of sound above the threshold level. If detected, it’ll probably come out of standby mode and resume power fully again.

The current drawn in standby mode is probably miniscule. If you use it on a daily basis, I wouldn’t bother disabling power to it. But if you don’t use it as often (like me, only once in a while now), I’d rather not leave it powered on 24/7 in the rare chances of power surges from storms happening. I put mine on a smart switch like @jay_man2 does.

2 Likes

Thank you all for taking the time to post. I appreciate your comments.

1 Like

Assuming it uses USB for power, is there a USB port on your TV you can plug the streamer into? My TV was set up that way. When the TV turns off, the USB goes dead and so does the streamer. Just an idea.

WH

1 Like

I have Sony Android TV and Oticon TV adapter connected to its USB port. And my TV adapter turns on and off every 3-5 minutes when TV in standby mode (it’s an Android internal “feature”). So I unplug TV from wall outlet when not in use. I have Aqara smart home, and maybe I will add one more smart wall outlet for TV.

1 Like

I only turn it off when I’m streaming BT from my computer to hearing aids via Oticon remote mic. That has a lower priority ranking than the TV connector, so if someone else turns on the TV while I’m listening to computer audio I will suddenly start hearing the TV audio instead, which throws a real monkey wrench into a webinar or online meeting.

2 Likes