Oticon Rumors?

I’m returning my More 1s to the Audi. They were a trail pair. He told me that rumor has it Oticon is coming out with a new line in the next 6-12 months, so here’s my question. Where do I go to find out HA rumors? There are a lot of Apple rumors online. Are there HA rumor discussions? I could see how because the market is so small and specific that it would be easier to contain R&D leaks. If anyone knows if they’re out there or knows of any, I’d be interested in knowing more about what/where. TY!

The 2-way hands-free communication will be made available for existing Oticon More hearing aids via a firmware update made by the hearing care professional. The 2-way hands-free communication will be made available in the U.S. on February 24, with the upcoming Oticon new product launch.

1 Like

BAM! Fantastic. Fantastic @Baltazard. I thank you!

“The 2-way hands-free communication will be made available for existing Oticon More hearing aids via a firmware update made by the hearing care professional. The 2-way hands-free communication will be made available in the U.S. on February 24, with the upcoming Oticon new product launch.”

“NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH”- Am I to interpret this as a new hearing aid launch?

@Musician Well, I’ve spoken to Oticon Germany, they said BTE hearing aids are in production, so not sure if they will be on a new platform or not, not sure about other products or new platform either.
I guess in 3 weeks we shall find out.
But for me, if I find the one I am after, I will not be waiting for the new platform, I will be happy to have a HA that will help my brother hear better (Oticon will be a back up one).

3 Likes

I believe that they will continue to expand the More aids with new models and firmware.

2 Likes

You are a great brother. I honor that. God bless you.

2 Likes

@Musician THANK YOU MAN :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I wear More 1’s and I am really excited about this new technology. Can’t wait for the release.

3 Likes

The new Oticon BTE will actually be a miniBTE, and will be on the same platform as the More.

1 Like

Aaron, that’s my middle name by the way, do you have an idea of when these babies may be dropping?

Also, I love your military picture. God bless you for your service.

If you want to wait for the “next new thing” in hearing aids, you will be waiting for the rest of your life. Oticon comes out with a new line (or a modification to the previous line) every 18 months to 2 years. Most of the others do the same.

3 Likes

Same with smartphones. I jump into the sale when I feel it’s time or something interests me. So I wait.

What’s the difference between a mini bte, rite, and bte?

Mini BTE is a small behind the ear that doesn’t cover severe / profound hearing loss and uses small batteries.

RITE is a Receiver In The Ear Aid.

BTE is a Behind The Ear which normally covers severe to profound hearing loss and can use the big blue 675 batteries.

2 Likes

Oticon have just launched the Zircon range which replaces the Ruby 1 & 2. This is the lower level technology range below the MORE. They are also launching MORE in different form factors (I.e. miniBTE). The oticon rep I sat with yesterday said 2022 was going to be a busy year for them. My guess (and it’s only a guess) is that they will be expanding the MORE platform to custom/in-the-ear models. I doubt they’ll be releasing a whole new platform this early… but stranger things have happened.

2 Likes

Audiologist quoted me:
Zircon 2 $2000.00
Zircon 1 $2800.00

Link to: Oticon Polaris Product Matrix (More / Zircon) Features

Ty. That’s hilarious, though. I got a new pair of More 1s for 400 dollars less than the Zircon was quoted at! Weird. I’m blessed! I’m wearing them now!

1 Like

Also quoted about a year ago :
The Pxx models are phonak
entry level $2800.00/set P30
basic technology $3500.00/set P50 or More 3
mid level/advanced tech $4800.00/set P70 or More 2
state of the art $5800.00/set P90 or More 1