I visited my audi again this past Friday and got the Marvel 2.0 update done on my HA. No adjustments, but that is a big one! Having the myPhonak app and it’s functions available has been a big difference! Unfortunately, not enough of a difference that would sway me to get the Marvels over the OPNs (S). Next visit is in 11 days and will be switching to trying a set of ReSound Quattros.
Pro for the Marvel:
- connect to Android with no extra adapter to carry around
Cons for the Marvel
- unable to disable HA ringer for phone calls
- poor charger design - difficult to open (I push the button and turn it upside down), more difficult with remove HA, for myself this is ok, anyone with dexterity issues could have issue here.
- music with headphones - constant changing volume output - definitely need a separate program for this specifically
- speech clarity is, subjectively, less than the OPN S - not sure this is exactly so, but overall understanding of sound, speech / ambient / environmental were more with the OPN S - thinking out loud - could this be due to going from not hearing to adjusted hearing and now a different adjusted hearing is not as big of a difference as the initial and therefore perceived as not as good?
- connection to the myPhonak app, every time, there is a re-connection delay, not over long, but enough so that it is annoying.
Indifferent for HA in general is the rechargeable factor. It’s nice to not be needing to change batteries, but then with Li-Ion, there is that factor of putting an expiry date on the HA even if they are working well. Just a fact of how Li-Ion works, so many charge cycles and they will not hold as much of a charge. Also the form factor, being a larger unit, although not greatly different, it is noticeable with glasses that the room is not so much behind the ear. Ultimately I think the HA I do go with will be 312 for the smaller form factor.
Further thoughts to come once I have played with 2.0 a bit more and set up a few more programs and then again once the change to the ReSound aids and I’ve tried those for a bit.