Oticon or Starkey

I’m comparing the Oticon More 1 and Starkey Evolv hearing aids. I have the Oticons and am trialing the Evolv hearing aids. They both seem to work for me. Can anyone speak to the quality of the Starkey TV streamer and whether or not Starkey has an available accessory that compares to the Oticon Connect Clip? I really like the Starkey Thrive app compared to the Oticon app.

I don’t know about the connect clip but I can say that the Starkey tv streamer and its control feature in the Thrive app are primitive compared to my Oticon. The Oticon streams in Dolby Digital, provides an excellent graphic equalizer, has in and out optical ports that enables connecting it with a sound system, and a streaming program which leaves enabled the general program allowing me to control the volume of each independently and to blend those sources. AFAICT from the Starkey literature, it can’t do anything of these things.

Thanks for the reply. I only use the TV streamer in my shop so the connectivity shortcomings aren’t an issue for me. I wanted to know if the sound quality is as good as the Oticon’s is all.

I have the Starkey TV streamer it offers optical connection (that is how mine is connected to my TV) and the graphic equalizer in the app seems to work fine for me but I don’t claim to be a sound expert or sound tech. So maybe I just don’t realize the short comings mingus has mentioned

1 Like

Which one sounds more natural to your ear? Which aid gives you more speech clarity even in noisy environments?

Thanks. That helps. I’m leaning toward the Starkey products because they’re made here.

In the end I went with the Starkey Evolv. I also got the TV streamer, which works well, and the Remote Mic+, which allows me to stream audio from my pc laptop. The Oticon Connect Clip would not do that. Very happy with them so far.

1 Like

Glad you are happy with your choice.
The only thing I disagree with is the ConnectClip does, indeed connect to a pc laptop.

Enjoy your Evolv’s.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on your experience with both Oticon & Starkey?
Thx

The Connect Clip worked just fine as a remote microphone. I just couldn’t get it to work well for streaming audio from my HP laptop. I’m not saying it’s a bad product. I probably didn’t have it set up properly. The audio was so choppy I couldn’t listen to it.

I sent the Oticon More 1s back to the VA and went with the Starkey Evolv hearing aids. I got a TV streamer and what they call the Remote Mic+. The whole package is working well for me. The Oticon’s gave me a lot of grief with having to re-pair them with my iPhone multiple times each day. The sound quality from both the Oticon’s and the Starkey’s has been fine. I find the Thrive app from Starkey much easier to use and much more useful for me, especially with regard to tracking my physical activity much as a smart watch would. I don’t think a person could go wrong with either the Oticon More 1 or the Starkey Evolv hearing aids.

1 Like