Oticon Opn Programming

You think getting a counterfeit programming device is a pretty sweet deal? That’s crazy. If you look in the Genie 2 documentation, the only programming devices supported are:

> HI-PRO Classic
> HI-PRO USB
> HI-PRO 2
> NOAHlink
> EXPRESSlink3
> FittingLINK 3.0

Good luck getting your hearing aids fixed if you brick them.

Yes, great deal!

Dang! I want that deal!

Wow, mini Pro + cs44 cables and flexstrips for $175 is a good price. The mini Pro alone is currently priced at $208.

Plus you can use the mini Pro to program other manufacturer’s hearing aids instead of being limited to Oticon-manufactured-only hearing aids.

I started a new thread for >>How to program the Oticon Opn<< in the DIY section.

Thanks, I was able to get everything connected by reviewing the diagram in your post.

Please don’t spread FUD here; the Mini-Pro is functionally identical to a HI-PRO USB. I realize that ignorance doesn’t prevent people from posting here, but I don’t understand why you’d bother.

Is this in response to cszoom1’s comment about the Mini-Pro being a counterfeit device?

I think maybe you missed the major war going on a little while back in the programming section of the forum about what works, what’s legit, what’s not, and who cares?, etc…

Perhaps it may have started like a normal flame war. But it’s not like that any more. Maybe it was never a flame war.

I suspect this may be part of his duties working for NetNames See this >>link<<.

It seems obvious to me that he’s on a mission to discredit the mini Pro. See this >>link<<.

Well junk or not, I was able to successfully update the FW to 4.0 today. I added the lecture and comfort program with tinnitus support to tool around with for now.

It’s not just about me and cszoom1. Here’s a link to all of cszoom1’s >>posts<< for reference. The brunt of these were directed at me, but not all of them. What do they have in common? All seem to be railing against Chinese counterfeiters. That’s all he ever posts about.

There was the FUD in this thread directed at Abarsanti

One directed at z10user2 about the legality of eBay counterfeits
http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?17734-Self-Programming-DOs-and-DON-Ts&p=151231#post151231

One directed at KenP

One directed at Um bongo
This thread got deleted, Yay!

Are you having another mental meltdown, pvc? If you think beating the same old drum is going to stop me from posting about your misdeeds, you’re sadly mistaken.

If you are posting for https://www.netnames.com/ do they approve of your harassment?

Were you previously employed as a debt collector to phone people at nighttime?

“misdeeds”? Thanks; I’m serving on a grand jury this month and I really needed a laugh.

Give it a rest mate. We aren’t interested, if PVC wants to provide information to the site, then it’s up to him. What you do with that advice is entirely up to you. Try using the ignore button if he bothers you that much.

There seems to be some consensus that the mini Pro + CS44-cables + Flexstrips is a good setup for self programming the Oticon Opns. I assume that this is still current advice? (i.e. no newer products or recent changes to be aware of?)

Further, can anyone confirm whether the mini-pro definitely allows firmware updates via the Genie 2 firmware upgrader? The upgrader mentions the following directly:

• HI-PRO 2
  • NOAHlink
  • HI-PRO USB
  • HI-PRO
  • EXPRESSlink

It doesn’t make mention of the mini-pro, hence the question.
Thanks.

Yes, this is still current advice.

mini Pro and Hi Pro are treated as equivalent devices as far as fitting software is concerned. Yes you can do Firmware updates. The mini Pro namesake avoids Internet sales take-downs due to Trademark infringement.

Noahlink (not to be confused with Noahlink Wireless) is old school.

Start at the beginning; How to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY]

1 Like

I have an issue with my OPN - Expresslink3 connection.Just bought that adapter, but it won’t connect. Cables going into programmer work, I know it for sure since I can connect Sonic aids. Expresslink3 and aids work as well. Is there possibly a firmware update for expresslink3 to make connection to OPN possible?

Can you please help me to do the same. I have cables used for Sonic aids (which are the same as for oticon), flex adapter and expresslink3, but cannot make connection btween expresslink3 and opn1 aids. Is there any expresslink update or any other tricks?

Assuming that you have the correct cables and flex leads then you need to make sure that you are connecting the flex leads to the hearing aids correctly. Here is a video showing how to do it:

Note that the flex lead is oriented with the small black dot upwards as shown in the video.

If there are any expresslink firmware updates needed then the Genie software should tell you when you connect the expresslink to your computer and start up Genie 2 (the latest version of Genie is 2019.2).

2 Likes

This was really helpful. Thanks heaps