Oticon OPN problem

I’m traveling so I can’t see my audiologist. My OPNs no longer talk to each other which makes it impossible to connect both to my iPhone 6. Not a big deal except I can no longer adjust the volume. The button on the left aid lowers the volume on it but not the right aid. The button on the right aid changes the program on it but not the left. Is there any way to reset the aids other than just the battery doors? I can connect one or the other to the phone but not both. Frustrating!

This happened to me before. Have you changed the batteries? I did that and then deleted the connection via the iPhone accessibility setting and then repaired.

The batteries are pretty new but I’ll try again.

Thanks

— Updated —

The batteries are pretty new but I’ll try again.

Thanks

My guess is either a hardware failure or a programming glitch that is keeping the aids apart. The audi initially programs the aids to talk to its serial numbered opposite. That should be in an eprom area and not easily overwritten. It or the transceiver in one failed. What does the iphone say it is connected to?

Right now it says it’s connected to OTICON OPN 1 Right

It will connect to which ever one I turn on first.

As you pointed out, the aids are not talking to each other. The normal first step with new aids is to pair them to each other using that companies software. When an aid fails and is replaced, that step is repeated.

You need an audiologist with their equipment to see if the aids can be re-paired. If that happens, they need to establish if the pairing will last and that may require sending them to the manufacturer. Or you can wait and see if they maintain pairing and not have them sent in. If you are traveling a lot, I’d probably go with the former.

Seeing that you are currently traveling, you could call the audiologist and ask for them to get an RMA to send them in. You could get that RMA # and address and ship them. They then might be waiting for you when you get home. But, you’d be without the aids and your backups are probably at home. Your decision.

Thanks, I’ll live with them as they are until I get home and take them to the audiologist.

kenji where you come up with this shit?

— Updated —

kenji where you come up with this shit?

I would agree with Ken on this. When I received a replacement left ha from ReSound I had the exact same issue where only one would connect via Bluetooth and it would be the one I paired first to the app.
I called their customer support line and they said the same thing Ken has mentioned that the aids must be paired together initially via the audiologist software…nothing can be done by the user. Even my Dr. never heard of this before but sure enough when I went into her office within a minute she was able to pair them together and I could connect both to the app and have them back up and running together.

— Updated —

I would agree with Ken on this. When I received a replacement left ha from ReSound I had the exact same issue where only one would connect via Bluetooth and it would be the one I paired first to the app.
I called their customer support line and they said the same thing Ken has mentioned that the aids must be paired together initially via the audiologist software…nothing can be done by the user. Even my Dr. never heard of this before but sure enough when I went into her office within a minute she was able to pair them together and I could connect both to the app and have them back up and running together.

After correcting you bad grammar, I channeled what you would do and then said the opposite.

Come on kenji you can do better…

— Updated —

Come on kenji you can do better…