I am taking advantage of a 2-week free trial of an Oticon Opn.
It’s a Model 100 #1 (all features enabled, top performance level).
I’m around -85 dB average more or less flat hearing disability in my left ear, right ear doesn’t work.
So far I am mad underwhelmed:
- works more or less good with iPhone, kind of a minus that it does not pair Bluetooth with anything but Apple phones but this may change when more devices can talk BLE Bluetooth
- SUCKS with my work phone, and this is WITH autophone on, calls are distant-sounding, not loud enough, this is practically a dealbreaker, I am the customer, not Oticon
- doesn’t seem a whole ton better than my 6-year old Epoq, Idk, I’ll wait some more on this
- probably will require a preset just for being in the car as a passenger b/c of the car noise, I will know for sure after this weekend (if I’m driving by myself I don’t waste time wearing/using the HA, what for??)
- Monday I will have the HA reviewed and perhaps adjusted but I do not feel huge confidence in the woman doing the fitting etc. SIGH
- Oticon ON app is a UI/UX piece of garbage, swipes are TOO imprecise for adjusting anything, same for the Apple/built-in control, really should have something more precise ‘push-button’ way to adjust volume via phone
- Hopefully I can have them turn off the horrible start sound!!
O yes – using a standard plastic dome, so somewhat more feedback than if a custom mold, but somewhat less than my Epoq with too-loose mold which I know should be replaced.
Any comments people have about phone quality adjustments would be appreciated.
Oticon has nothing on their website about the security of the hearing aid wrt the Internet, correct?? Just Ifttt crap so far as I can see.
Does anyone know how to put it into airplane mode and make it stay that way?? (persistent)
Yea I know this is a rant SIGH
Thank you, Tom