Oticon More Rechargeable Severe Uneven Battery Drain

Had my 2nd set of replaced More aids upgraded to 1.4 yesterday, while they did stream to only the left while I had my iPhone 12 mini in my right pants pocket they did switch when I put the phone on the other side.
Not noticing any real difference, they would do that with 1.3 also.

Still concerned with battery drain, now the left is draining more than the right, so it seems to be the batteries or the aids, not the RX difference right to left causing the issue.

I’m going to monitor battery levels more closely for a while and see what shakes out.

Mike

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking … along those lines maybe even the “slave” to that master drains quicker if it has to take the signal? No idea!

@mr.smithster

@1Bluejay

Only Phonak have a master Aid. All other brands DO NOT.

AH!! Verrrry interesting! I’ve been locked up in the Phonak world for so many years I had no idea.

@michael.letizia: Sorry you’re not having the good performance from your Oticon More hearing aids that @cvkemp Chuck and I are enjoying …

If it’s any consolation, the batteries in my More1s had to be replaced twice before they operated satisfactorily. Make sure they are recalibrated, and keep going back until they get it right!

[FWIW: I find that the lack of a clear detent in the Oticon rocker switch makes me want to push it down harder - to “floor it”, essentially - on the rare occasions that I use the buttons. Do you find the same?]

1 Like

I just had the buttons fail on one of My Mores.
Had them replaced under Warranty.
First lost the Detent then failed completely a few days later.

That is why I don’t use the switch on my aids if I can do it any other way.

@michael.letizia: Exactly! That’s why I have a Remote!

1 Like

Yup … them PRC 9-year-olds mean well, but …

I agree the remote is the handiest device that I have

I keep mine in a little nylon bag, with
The catch for the lanyard sticking out of the end. It’s discrete, and keeps dirt and pocket lint out of the buttons. I can feel the protubulences on the buttons so I can tell them apart

I wear mine around my neck, sometimes under my shirt

I don’t have Oticon’s but I always use a remote for my Phonak’s for this very reason. The buttons failing!

@michael.letizia

1 Like

I have had OPN, S1 and now More, first time I had a button problem.
I’ll think about changing my ways, but now with the answer call option I’ll be using them even more on the Mores’ (Pun intended)

Mike

1 Like

@Zebras: Exactly, ZebesExactly!

1 Like

Chalk up another score for the ConnectClip!
Remote control -Yes
Hands Free answering- Yes
Remote Mic -Of course
All included in one device!
The do it all, end all appliance, essential to every Oticonian’s everyday health!!
Get yours today!

1 Like

Always choose Oticon™️ brand
When only the very good will do!

1 Like

Asking for a friend. What do you choose if only the BEST will do if Oticon is only very good?

@prodigyplace: Whatever you find works the best for YOU, of course, because everyone’s hearing needs are different.

2 Likes

It is so much fun to pick on you. Sorry you settled only for very good LOL

1 Like