Oticon More models with disposable batteries

Costco charges just under 19 cents for both 12 and 13 batteries.
Most of us get at least five or six days out of the batteries.

The main advantage I see of rechargeables is that if you were on the phone a lot, the streaming would really cut into the life of the disposable batteries.

2 Likes

Yeah, I actually used to buy Costco batteries only because they cost much less. But you can still use a 19/26 multipliers over the $380-$506 and you still get $278-$370 extra that you’d have to shell out for the disposables, which you don’t have to shell out for the rechargeable in a 6 to 8 years time frame. However, you’ll probably want to buy a second charging station for backup/travel, so the cost difference is a wash.

I get only between 3-4 days for my OPN 1s on disposable batteries with only moderate streaming. I used to get 6-7 days before that on my Costco hearing aids with no streaming. I really think the More is going to be a bigger battery drainer than the OPN when on disposables, so I’m standing by my 3 day estimate for the More disposable version whenever it comes out.

But anyway, the whole point is that you don’t have to spend mega dollars to replace the Lithium-ion batteries when it’s time to replace it, at least not with the Oticon system where they can easily be replaced at the audi’s office or even by you. And the cost to replace them to last another 3-5 years is probably going to be more but more likely is going to cost less than the cost of buying disposable batteries for 3-5 more years.

Nobody mentioned it because it is not accurate information.

Jim

1 Like