Oticon hearing aid and short battery life

My Right Oticon Hearing Aid battery is not lasting more than 8 hours before the hearing aid shuts down. I’m not receiving a low battery warning either. Any thoughts?

Go see your Audi more than likely he will send it in for repair or replacement

1 Like

I’m on the road for the next two weeks. These sort of things happen when your away right!

I had a similar problem, try a different packet/batch or type of battery if you can, that may help keep things going or solve it, worth a try!

3 Likes

I had major problems with my Oticon Opn 1’s when I first got them. They would quit randomly at any time for any time frame after putting them in. It was very frustrating. So after sending them back for repair, which didn’t make any difference I finally decided to trash the standard 312 batteries I had been using with my previous HA’s and try the ones my Audi recommended. It made a big difference! So I found some online that work just as well as the ones she sells for a fraction of the price. I use the Ray-o-Vac Extend 312 Batteries that I get online. I pay around $26.00 for 60 batteries (about .45 cents each). They last about 4 days, which is sounds like a short time but my Opn’s have very powerful receivers that require a lot of battery power. I make it a practice to put new batteries in on Wednesdays and Sundays, which seems to work because I haven’t been caught with dead batteries since.

How old is the HA? Has it ever been dropped? Has it ever been cleaned? How old are the batteries you are using? If you have dropped it, that could cause excessive battery drain. If it has never been cleaned it could need a good cleaning. If the batteries are old or not been stored properly they could be no good and go dead within the time frame your experiencing. You could also have just gotten a bad batch of batteries.

1 Like

Invest in a battery company! And, yes, Ray-o-Vacs work well. I’ve also had good luck with the ones sold at Costco for about $9-10 a card of 60 or so.

Hi, as a hearing aid technician I would recomend a replacement , but if the hearing aid has more than 1 year needs to repair.