Oticon Genie 2 Questions

Hi there, sure it’s available, good idea to research before jumping in, it’s easy enough tho, read the user guide as well,it’s very helpful for setting up the first time.

Hi.

I am also in my trial period with Real 1’s after wearing Widexs for almost 8 years. I would like to install Genie 2, not so much to make changes but to understand what can be changed by my audiologist to my preferences. Can some one please send me a DL link for Windows 10?

Thanks so much in advance.

Moti

Welcome to the forum, sure it’s available, good idea to see what’s possible within the software and working with your audiologist.

Thank you very much! As I wrote in my post, ATM, I am not so much interested in changing anything as in finding out what I can ask my audiologist to adjust for me, but I will certainly take your warning to heart.

BTW, would you happen to know if the xiaomi note 12 pro is supported by the real 1’s? After all the problems and bugs that I have heard about the connectclip, I need to find a reliable solution to streaming from an Android phone.

Again, thank so much for your help.

Motisu

I see this on Oticon website for compatibility.

Unfortunately, the xiaomi 12 pro and the xiaomi Note 12 pro are not the same device. The note line is their mid - range line and the numbered ilones without the note designation is their flagship line.

They are basically the same phone.

Sorry to correct you but you are comparing the NOTE 12 pro withe the NOTE 12 pro + and not with the xiaomi 12 pro (without the NOTE). Totally different phone. Different CPU, memory size, graphics chip, etc.

Ok let me check this again, but it’s the Bluetooth version we want to know, that’s all that matters for streaming.

Ok how about this.

Ok, now we got the correct models for comparison!
If you are correct and the BT drivers are the same, it should work. In any case, the phone was already purchased and so I will be able to check it out hopefully within a day or 2 when it arrives.
I’ll post the results here in case it can help anyone else to make a decision to buy this phone or not.

Thanks for the help.

Motisu

1 Like

Hello all

I also started to dig into genie 2 for my curiosity and I didnt find a screen to modify the equalizer for audio streaming or maybe it doesnt exist.

Any hint please?

PS like signia has:

End Fitting::Accessories::(whichever type of accessory you stream from)::Sound Quality.

Hover over any choice to see its effect in dB on “LF” and “HF”. That seems to be the most precision available.

1 Like

Thank you! I will check it out

OK, found it but I was hopping to find an equalizer :expressionless:

Just a followup about compatibility between Oticon Real 1 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G.

They do work, sort of. :upside_down_face: I am able to connect the HA’s to the phone and they are recognized as hearing aids and even paired together as on device. I used the accessibility menu in settings to do so. the problem is that Bluetooth profiles available for them don’t include phone or media so I cant use them for media or phone output. I have tried various ways of connecting but none have solved the problem. I also don’t know if the problem is with the HA’s or with the phone.