Oticon Epoc and Bluetooth

the revision is out there already…

What revision?

I can mute the mics on my Epoq by holding down the music key on the Streamer. Great for when I need some extra clarity while on the phone. And then I can jack up the volume of the hearing aid (again through the Streamer) without any feedback.

Anyone with a Streamer that needs to talk on an office phone can use the Jabra Bluetooth Hub A7010 to connect to the Streamer.

you can conect it to the A+TT bluetooth phone

They did it is vego it is mid price ha with a lot of epoq features

epoq - wireless - bluetooth equal vigo pro

Thank you for your comments on the Epoq. They sound very beneficial because of the bluetooth.

bluetooth not for everybody…

good HI selection is about matching what makes sense for a customer
vs what it is outthere…

if you do get an epoq, get the epoq tv solution

I love the Bluetooth feature in my Epoqs, it has helped me so much when talking on my cell phone. I have had several family members and friends tell me how much better I am at understanding them and speaking as well. I pronounce syllables better, I am talking quieter, and people don’t have to repeat things as often as well.

Listened to my dad for years ask me to please hold while he changes phones at his home when I called. Other times he would take his HA out and then try to talk to me. I have difficulty hearing on the office phone at this time. I did not want it to get more difficult as I age.

Jim Hinkson appreciate your post as I have also bookmarked the post on the LS 145 VTech for home. Reflecting on what my father went through and reading these post were the push I needed to go with the Epoq. Delta was the choice until reading the many Epoq posts.
Michael

EXPECT a wireless delta VERY VERY soon

In the Fall? Or sooner?

guesstimate - EUHA 2008
Oct - or something

I did not order the streamer with the Epoq when ordered. I now sort of regret not spending the $ for the streamer when I read so many complements on the streamer with the Epoq. I have not had to wear aids and talk on the phone before. It has continually been me asking then to repeat and holding my hand over the other ear. I am sort of defeating the purpose?

I find myself being very anxious for next Tuesday, 20 May 08 when I am fitted.
Pardon me for thinking out loud with the questions yet, I find it nice to chat with others about a subject I hide from the world other than my family.

Michael

they probably know you are hard of hearing…

XBuilder…Laughing…

I’ve had them for 3 weeks now and am just amazed at how much better I can hear! I like the fact that the streamer has a volume control button, so that I can adjust as needed in different scenarios. I have severe tinnitus and it’s such a stress-reliever for me to listen to my Bluetooth-enabled music player – no tinnitus noise breaking through!!!

Going to see my audi this afternoon for some tweaking of the programs… So far, I am very, very happy with the Epoq Vs! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am an IT tech and co-workers have all come to me with questions about the Bluetooth capability as they all know someone (friend, family-member) with hearing loss.

LadyDove,
I hope you continue to enjoy your epoq’s. I also ordered the streamer.
Keep us updated!
Michael

do you guys know if speed dial is possible with the streamer…

what do you need to do?. it heard it was not possible to do.

Oticon did forget about this one!

Well, the streamer has a microphone built-in for the wearer to speak into while paired with a Bluetooth-enabled cellphone. And my cellphone has voice command, so there must be some way of uniting the two… I’ve never used voice command with my phones, so I don’t know if it can be done via the streamer; nothing is mentioned in the streamer’s “Getting Started Guide”.