Oticon Connectline Mic

Hello
Who has used the ConnectLine Mic. I am getting echo from my voice while speaking to friends close up for example in a car or anywhere closer than aprox 5 feet.Hearing my voice thru the connectline mic and my HA mics. Hearing the speakers voice as in a echo chamber too, wirelessly from the connectline mic and my HA mics. I have had it for 2 days experimenting and its a nice solution for hearing in noise but its useless when using it close up.
Got the Streamer and Mic together as a package. Is there something that is not set up right by the HA Tech? Or is this what users are experiencing?

Try pressing the volume down key for 2 seconds and then let go. This should turn off the mic on the aids leaving only the mic on the streamer. Reverse the operation by pressing the up volume key for 2 seconds and then let go. Good luck!

Apo,
I think pressing the volume down key for 2 seconds will only turn off the mic on the aids if you HA are programed to do this. If I press the volume down key for 2 seconds it just changes programs.

Thanks My HA professionals are still running Genie 2010.1 on their computers. I am hearing that the 2011.1 update is compatible with the Oticon ConnectLine Mic so there may be some functionality there to program but you don’t need 2011.1 to program the streamer. Apparently Streamer 1.4 firmware is up to date.
What you are saying about turning the mic in my HA’s off is true though, Thanks for that. And does help with my problem. You need to be connected to the mic, hold the volume button in for two secs and bingo the HA mics turn off. When not connected to the Mic the volume button does change programs in the HA when holding for 2 secs.

But i am still hearing a slight echo in very loud noise with the HA mics off connected with the connectline mic but is manageable even with the special program that they set up per Oticon rep that reduced some gain in the highs above 3000 Hz. I think the connectline mic or noise reduction built into it is the culprit and needs to be reduced. Maybe the genie 2011.1 will help with this artifact i am experiencing.

Thanks for the info. Its true that the volume button when connected with the connectline mic acts as a button to turn on and off your HA mics.
Thanks