Oticon Companion Apple Watch App

I really like the companion app for the IOS and the Apple Watch

1 Like

Thanks!

Good suggestion!

DaveL

This sounds kike a good app and looks like there is more control of the HA’s by Apple Watch, but has anyone tried this app and compared it with Oticon On?

1 Like

Me I used the ON app for several years, and it was useful for programs changing, volume changes and muting the aids, but the ON app couldn’t enable the MoreSoundBoost, speech boost in the companion app, and the ON app couldn’t adjust the streaming volume from the TV adapter and the hearing aid volume. Also the companion app gives much better battery life readings than the ON app.

1 Like

Thanks @cvkemp. I installed Companion and will try it.

1 Like

Been playing around with this today and find the companion app buggy at best. Could be because of the beta software I’m using but I don’t really think so. Sometimes it opens up as it should and other times it will not open at all. Have deleted and reinstalled with minor success/failure.I have no problem controlling the vol while streaming tv using the ON app on my watch. I like being able to have the ON app on my watch face as a complication. The companion app doesn’t provide that.

1 Like

I am no longer use the beta, I am using version. 1.1.0 it also has a few issues but it works better than the 2.2.1 beta that I was using.

1 Like

While I could access the Oticon Companion app on my watch, I couldn’t get it to appear as a watch face complication. I found the following YouTube video: https://youtu.be/brTZ2T4j8zU, followed the directions and the complication now appears.

Not all watch faces have the companion complication available. I just check every time there has been a watch software update to see what faces have been updated to allow it.

2 Likes

While I could force the Companion watch complication on a Watch3 running WatchOS 9, I can’t force the Companion on a Watch9 running WatchOS 10.

The weird part is that the Metropolitan watch face offers Companion as a complication, but the Modular face doesn’t. I guess I’ll have to put in a support request with Oticon.

When it comes time to replace my OPN1s, I doubt I’ll go with Oticon, given my experience with the migration from On to Companion, the hassle with complications, etc. Curious if others feel this way.

You will be told this is due to apple setup.
Been there try to make things work the way I was told it would. I finally said the hack with it and said good bye to apple and went to Android.

1 Like

I was scammed buying a table before my first iPad.
First clue was that it happened at a Tim Hortons…

It was beautifully made. The case had a wonderful etched message. Designed in the USA by Apple. Made in Taiwan.
The seller gave a great demonstration.
Looking into it: it was android. :thinking:

I have given up on Apple, and have gone back to Samsung android phones and tablets. Why cheaper for a retired person. I gave up on IOS as the last two versions of IOS has basically broke MFI as for as hearing aids are concerned, and to be honest MFi has never worked as promised as for as hand off between MFI devices. I have never been a total hands free user so that was not holding me to Apple.

1 Like