Oticon Companion app not connecting to hearing aid

CVK mentions this but I’ll say again about the iPhone built-in app that appears in the Accessibility panel under ‘hearing devices’. (picture of an ear) Generally, it allows one to control hearing aids, with easier access, than the proprietary app. And the connection seems quite stable. This can be accessed by a single screen swipe, usually.

3 Likes

I know this is an old feed but the old Oticon On app is still avaliable and has been updated and works great with no glitches, like the new Companion app. Atleast not for me.
Im using a Samsung Galaxy S10.

How do I find it, it isn’t on Google play store anymore

I have the Oticon More hearing aids I have the new Samsung galaxy A9 +5G tablet.

My problem is that Oticon will connect and the App works.

But the Oticons will not pair. or I can not stream
the Tablet will pair and stream when I use Shokz head phones.

Has any one else had this problem and maybe a fix.

None of the tablets have the needed hardware or software to support hearing aid streaming. You will neef the connect clip to be able to stream.
By the way i am in the same boat with you.

2 Likes

You are right about the computer folks letting the poor user find the bugs
in a new program.This seems to be standard for them.Also they usually
don’t have any info on what the programs do.My provider, Kaiser, when asked
about this tell you to call Oticon and Oticon tells you to ask your provider.The
hearing aid providers at Kaiser always seem to have the attitude that “i’m the
doctor and you not”.

Most audiologist don’t have the time to learn all of the possible issues with all the possible combinations of connectivity. There job is your hearing. And sadly most app developers don’t wear aids and don’t understand the full function of the apps they are creating, they just follow the outline they are given, to create the source code.
I fully understand this because i am a retired IT professional that had to troubleshoot the problems the developers created.

1 Like

Possible solution! I have the same issue as many with the new Oticon app - on an Android (S23) when I answer a call, the call goes to the Oticons but there is no sound, so I have to quickly turn off bluetooth and hold the phone to my ear. Music streaming works, but not phone calls so I dug into the native phone app. There is an obscure setting in the phone app that solved this problem for me. In the green phone app go to: three vertical dots (upper right), Settings, Other call settings, Hearing aid compatibility - and turn it on. After that I heard calls very faintly but it was there, so I turned up the volume on the phone during a call. I hope it works for others as this was incredibly frustrating for me.

2 Likes