Oticon app update next week (iOS)

Had remotecare session with my audiologist this morning (via the remotecare app) … went very smoothly … one interesting tidbit: she got email from Oticon today saying they are rolling out an update next week to coincide with ON app iOs update. She said that the aids SHOULD update at the same time as the ON app - I asked her what update would be and she said: live listen, ability to connect multiple TV boxes, and some “back end” issue fixes… interesting… we’ll see . She didn’t say what day next week.

Also talked with her about landline issue (hard to hear with aids in,etc) … she set up "autophone " program and is mailing me out some magnets… with cordless landline - some of them don’t have strong enough magnet - so I can tape the magnet on phone … but supposedly , when I use landline, the program is supposed to automatically sense the landline speaker and lower volume of the “non-phone” hearing aid…

Also talked about lecture program (to help with hearing speech in church and other venues like that…) according to her the lecture program settings are pretty much what I already have in program 2 “speech in noise” - she upped the speech clarify in program 2 for me to see if that helps… whenever I am able to return to church,etc … but just for grins, I turned on program 2 and everything is MUCH sharper - I can even hear car turn signals, microwave beeps ,etc… I’ll need to email her if it continues to be this way (which I think is an improvement - although is taking some getting used to, since it’s so “sharp”) - I forgot to ask her about hearing test… I haven’t had one since 2017, which I first got the aids, so wondering if I need one and if hearing has gotten worse… She said my aids are set for optimum level for me, according to my last test…

Sorry for the length, but wanted to update, mainly about the app update next week…

1 Like

I do not remember do you have the OPN or OPNS aids.

SOrry, should have said… I have OPN S1 (lithium-ion) . Oticon finally replaced the OPNs (Zpower) after much complaining by me and audiologist… LI is great so far… 13-14 hrs wear every day, with average 5 hrs streaming (TV mostly) and still have 40% charge left at the end of the day…

1 Like

I have the OPN1 ITE aids now and more likely I will be upgrading to the OPNS1 aids in June. I am leaning towards the BTE-PP aids, but will also be happy with OPNS1 -MiniRite-R or -T

1 Like