Oticon Alta2/Nera2/Ria2

Hi, could anyone tell me the difference in price between the new Alta2 Pro and the Alta Pro?

The info you seek is in the links posted in this thread. Maybe you can’t click on links because you are a new member?

I don’t think that links to any information on price differences between the Alta and Alta2 has been posted. Indeed, since prices are largely determined by audiologists, I don’t think any one answer could be given to his question.

Oh my bad, I didn’t notice “price”.

Thank you pvc and the latinist, I do realize that prices with vary but I just need a idea of the difference. Approx would be good, should I expect $200, $400, $600 more each?

When I had my consult today, the fitter did not know the pricing for the Alta2 Pro because she had not yet fitted anyone with it but said that she had talked to Oticon that morning for another patient and confirmed that the price for the Ria2 was unchanged from that of the Ria. She suspected that the prices for the Alta2 Pro would be about the same as those for the Alta Pro.

Yes, at least for me the pricing for the original Alta/Nera/Ria aids is identical to the new platform (Alta2/Nera2/Ria2)

Has anyone seen the Alta2/Nera2/Ria2 miniRITE in the new Cool Blue color? How accurate is the depiction in the fliers/online? Does it look cheesy? I’m at the point where I’m starting to think about colors, and I’m leaning toward either that or black.

I’ve just seen the color chips, but the blue does look nice! The Steel Grey is nice too. If you get them and end up not liking the color you chose, you can always exchange them for another color.

Hmm. I didn’t realize you could exchange for color; would I have to do that before starting my trial, or could I wear it for a bit and see how it grows on me? Or, more to the point, how it grows on my wife—we seem to be in two very different schools of thought when it comes to hearing aid color choice. She’s in what I’d call the “Hide it!” school, which seems to me to be exactly the wrong approach.

My four-year-old daughter, on the other hand, thinks I should get the orange DesignRITE. :wink:

If anyone else looks for the same info, I did find the answer to my question. The price for the Alta2 line is the same as the Alta. There is no increase.

Lol, go for the lime green DesignRITE!

Oticon doesn’t charge the audiologist to change the color (the aids are just sent in like a repair), so your audiologist shouldn’t charge you. They’ll be able to change the color as long as you’re under the repair warranty, I believe.

Thanks for the info. That takes some of the anxiety out of the decision, knowing I won’t be stuck with them for years if I hate them. I think I’m going to go with the Cool Blue and hope they grow on my wife.

I am told that this new Inium Sense platform is now available in the AGXO h330v2 line. How long for Audiologists to learn the ins and outs of tweaking it?

The AGXO line is Audigy’s private label, but same as the Alta2 line. As with anything, depends how good the audiologist is as to how fast they pick up things. Not a huge change in programming software between the previous version, so it really shouldn’t be too hard to make adjustments.

I am a week into wearing mine. Yesterday was at the pizza store buying pizza. I found I could hear the truck idling outside very clearly while the woman I was trying to converse with I could barely hear. Very frustrating.

Did my audiologist not do a good job of programming or what?

You might have them set one program to a strong forward bias. That minimizes the extraneous sounds around you and focuses reception to where you are looking. I had it in my old aids and will have set one of the programs in the new aids to such a configuration. I actually found it quite handy for a lot of situations – including TV and shopping. Where you are looking is what is featured most.

Hearing aids aren’t human ears. At times, circumstance creates a problem that no brand or audiologist can anticipate.

I had the forward bias on… I’m beginning to wonder if that was my problem? What I was having trouble hearing wasn’t forward. I put the original program on today and found I was able to hear a group of women in the office kitchen, whom I can ever hear. So… maybe I was just using it wrong?

Hi ,

I have a theory on that. If you are long-time hard of hearing and have waited to go for aids until there was absolutely no way around it, then you´ll have started to lip-read anyway. This way, you are used to look at people that you are talking to. For those people, the forward bias is cool.

I am a suround-type. I love my surround-speakers, and I am used to talk to people even if they stand behind me. For me, the forward-bias meant that there were lots of situations where I would hear worse with the aid than without.

For me, the “natural ear”-setting was the solution: It´s omnidirectional, with a light focus to the front for the high frequencies, just like the natural ear (well, probably not exactly so, but a bit). This way, I can still hear in all directions, and much better than without the aid, but the light focus enables me to understand people in demanding situations.

Most top-of-the-line aid have a setting like this. Am I right in guessing that you have a mild to moderate loss and have not yet started to lip-read?

I have noticed that sometimes when I have the Conversation in Noise program on it will really focus in on something unexpected. I might hear a conversation from two tables away rather than people at my table. It can be disconcerting. I find the trick is really to look directly at the person you want to hear.

ETA: The setting that Musician_72 is talking about is, I believe, called “OmniOpti” on your aids. It is the default for the General and Music programs.