Oticon 4 note chime , left to right

started last week. 4 notes in right ear then same 4 notes in left ear. happened 10 times yesterday. . changed batteries, of course. and there is no rhyme or reason or pattern. Audiologist receptionistic said its a known problem and the only solution is to return them to oticon with $400 each. and I will get it fixed with a one year warranty. Not happy.

There’s been loads of talk about extra chimes on this forum.

Normally it means the Aids needs to be sent back due to Microphone failure.

The chimes are warning you about the failure.

2 Likes

first an edit. the chime starts on my right ear then immediately to left ear. (not left to right as I put in the title). . And of course since we talked about it yesterday I did not have any chimes at all the entire day. I will start logging them.

and I dont understand how a microphone issue could affect both aids.

Most of the time, moisture kills them.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I saw my audiologist about maybe 6 weeks before the warranty ran out (I’d lost track). She sent them off and replacement units were sent back already programmed to my current settings. Fortunately the only charge I incurred was a fee for a new audio gram or whatever it is called. Several months before all of this the in-ear speaker bits were replaced in sequence as each failed. Again, no charge.

My oticons are out of warranty by a year. I dont understand how the chime is in the right ear and then immediately in the left year (I had them reversed in the title of this post). if one was broken then it should be chiming on that side only. since they “talk” to each other. I am guessing this is a software issue.