Original Hi-Pro

I stumbled across this:
hi-pro-usb-datasheet-hearing-aid-programming.pdf (23.9 KB)

Or if you like:
Hi-Pro datasheet

I see it recommends IOgear and I have heard good things about the chip in it.

I am very interesting in buy the conventional and usb hi pro, please contact me at gcasteblanco@yahoo.com
Thanks
Gerardo

That username is no longer active here. I suppose thereā€™s the possibility that he might be reading of course.
The usb hipro is way expensive compared to the original hipro. The original is a little more work to get going but of course it works fine.
Not active on this site but known to provide similar equipment is Buyhear.
Or back to China for the same thing as buyhear at aliexpress.

is a quickcom serial to serial comparable? model;ufi
i believe it still runs hi pro?
thanks ,

You need a 9-pin female (exposed prongs are male in my definition) serial to standard flat USB. It needs to convert virtual serial output from the computer usb to standard serial to the hipro.

thanks for your response. is this configuration obtainable through minimal research (or none at all$) or will I have to try and elon musk one. Iā€™m trying to piece something together for someone who refuses to take help from others (but needs it) without having it look like anything was truly done. Maybe McGuyver is a better analogy.

Letā€™s start with what all gear do you currently have to work with?

You may want to start at the beginning, namely,
How to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY].

ok, quickcom serial to serial, if my assumption is correct the Hipro 1.00.00 or/and 1.00.01 software can run the device without any quickcom software installed? Red and Blue cs44 cables and adapter strips for a lifetime. lack of knowledge on the subject manner. I know this is old news butā€¦ā€¦ doing my best.

Thatā€™s confusing. Itā€™s not serial to serial in a traditional sense. Itā€™s USB to serial in a virtualized-serial sense at the computer end with the USB.
Go to the link pvc mentioned. Start reading.