Original Hi-Pro

lol no you can’t censor the web and please don’t try :slight_smile:
I think a possible misunderstanding may have been whether a seller could say ANYTHING in a thread outside this sub-forum.

1 Like

Yes, I just ask that they don’t discuss their products or services outside of Online Sellers… They can contribute as much helpful discussion as they want of course… which in my mind is probably the smartest way to build a brand people trust :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m still confused on how you suggest answering direct questions made to us.

Just say I’m not allowed to talk about it? I’ll send you message?

@audiometrix_hearing: I think Volusiano had a go at explaining options up in that OPN3 review thread. The way I see it (and I’m sure the admin could correct me if I’m wrong…which I probably am :slight_smile: ) here in Online Sellers you can do and say just about whatever you like. Outside of here, if you wish to participate (and please do) then you can be helpful but just not talking about what YOUR business offers. If you feel the need to talk about whatever it is you have to offer that you sell then you need to invite readers down to here as a post in that thread and then talk however much you like here in a new thread or whatever. And yes even in answer to a direct question to you.
That’s how I understand what the admin is trying to get at.
Admittedly, it’s a fine line you would be dancing on before you get flagged as inappropriate to the admin.

I feel like you’re trying to play dumb here. I’ve explained it multiple times to you, and we’ve had private discussions on this too. Why are others understanding, but you are not?

Sorry, was losing patience. Please either send the person a PM. Try not to get reported as a spammer, or you will go. Otherwise, if they ask you a question and you feel it would be better in an open forum rather than a PM, just say “If you would like to discuss my products or services with me, please repost your question in the Online Sellers category”…

Posting this part of the PM to clarify my thinking to others.

Thank you for posting that. That’s where my confusion was. Still don’t fully understand, but I don’t need to. As others have said, your house, your rules. I have to adapt or get the boot. Simple as that.

Or say someone asks you a direct question like hey audiometrix how much for those opn3’s? First of all they really should have asked it in here but then they aren’t sellers are they. For that example you post an invite up there to come down here and then pick the conversation up down here and answer their question.

I honestly want this to be a friendly place for all, believe it or not… and not trying to silence anyone… so please let’s try out the proposed format and accompanying rules and see how it goes. Most people so far have embraced the idea of Online Sellers area, etc. PS. I edited a post above.

2 Likes

I stumbled across this:
hi-pro-usb-datasheet-hearing-aid-programming.pdf (23.9 KB)

Or if you like:
Hi-Pro datasheet

I see it recommends IOgear and I have heard good things about the chip in it.

I am very interesting in buy the conventional and usb hi pro, please contact me at gcasteblanco@yahoo.com
Thanks
Gerardo

That username is no longer active here. I suppose there’s the possibility that he might be reading of course.
The usb hipro is way expensive compared to the original hipro. The original is a little more work to get going but of course it works fine.
Not active on this site but known to provide similar equipment is Buyhear.
Or back to China for the same thing as buyhear at aliexpress.

is a quickcom serial to serial comparable? model;ufi
i believe it still runs hi pro?
thanks ,

You need a 9-pin female (exposed prongs are male in my definition) serial to standard flat USB. It needs to convert virtual serial output from the computer usb to standard serial to the hipro.

thanks for your response. is this configuration obtainable through minimal research (or none at all$) or will I have to try and elon musk one. I’m trying to piece something together for someone who refuses to take help from others (but needs it) without having it look like anything was truly done. Maybe McGuyver is a better analogy.

Let’s start with what all gear do you currently have to work with?

You may want to start at the beginning, namely,
How to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY].

ok, quickcom serial to serial, if my assumption is correct the Hipro 1.00.00 or/and 1.00.01 software can run the device without any quickcom software installed? Red and Blue cs44 cables and adapter strips for a lifetime. lack of knowledge on the subject manner. I know this is old news but…… doing my best.

That’s confusing. It’s not serial to serial in a traditional sense. It’s USB to serial in a virtualized-serial sense at the computer end with the USB.
Go to the link pvc mentioned. Start reading.