Ordering a hearing aid directly from a manufacturer

hi, I was wondering whether I could order hearing aid directly from a manufacturer? any thoughts or experiences ?

I can’t imagine a manufacturer would want to deal with the hassle that comes with a direct purchase. But the one way to find out would be to contact a manufacturer.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say you could. You would then have to find an audiologist to program it.

1 Like

there are some hearing aids that can be ordered line by uploading an exam. They are cheaper, but probably not that much cheaper than Costco. Audicus is one.

1 Like

I live in Pakistan. I wish i can order widex hearing aids directly. It cost me much higher in Pakistan due to low value of Pakistan currency.

Every manufacturer with which I’ve dealt requires you to be a dispenser and set up an account with them.

Are you asking, because you want to lower your cost? Just curious.

1 Like

Blamey & Saunders in Australia is another. As you say, you can get much better value at Costco.

1 Like

Can you order a phone from Apple or Samsung directly?

Nope.

Hearing aid manufactures are no different.

You can order a phone directly from Apple! Indeed my iPhone 12 Pro came direct from Apple.

2 Likes

1 Like

Same with Samsung, you can, also with Google for a Pixel ! Hearing aids nope!

2 Likes

Blamey & Saunders are owned by Sonovo. Sonovo took them over to operate as a testbed for online sales.
https://blameysaunders.com.au/shop/hearing-aid-packages/

Stupidly expensive.

1 Like

Buy in a neighboring country if it is better? Unfortunately there are no other options, shopping through ebay or online store is not recommended because if it breaks down, you have no one to send it to for repair.

1 Like